Good resource on Equivoque?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hello,

I have been chatting with Craig and krab1 about some resources for Equivoque. As i didn't find any relating thread in this forum I'd like to open this thread up for everyone that searches for some sources. So far I have been told that:
E'voque
Don't go where the road don't go
are supposed to be good resources.
Can someone specify the list of fundemental sources down to one as I'd like to buy a good source on that.

Thank you and Cheers
Philipp

Umbelino

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Mark Elsdon has some astonishing work on Equivoque, in his most recent lecture at Penguin Magic he explains it in full detail...
Cheers!

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
Positive Positive by art vanderlay is a very nice take on it and it also has an added twist at the end. I find it extremely good

Tim H.(4)

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kansas City
One of the most insightful I've read (and the one that's had the greatest impact on my going back and retooling how I word/construct eqivoque routines) is the fairly large section on equivoque in "The Mental Mysteries of Hector Chadwick" by Hector Chadwick. Add to that the fact that the rest of the book is pure gold, and I can't recommend it enough.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
First of all thank you all for your posts.
I summarize:
-"The Mental Mysteries of Hector Chadwick" by Hector Chadwick
- Max Maven has a great DVD called Multiplicity
- Positive Positive by Art Vanderlay

Would you suggest that one should have multiple outs in an Equivoque?

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
I seem to remember various equivoque references and thoughts in Art of Astonishment. One affect in particular, that's a little time consuming, results in being able to force any card in a deck by using a pen and paper and going through a fairly advanced equivoque process. I don't use it, but I remember finding it very interesting.

Apr 17, 2013
First of all thank you all for your posts.
I summarize:
-"The Mental Mysteries of Hector Chadwick" by Hector Chadwick
- Max Maven has a great DVD called Multiplicity
- Positive Positive by Art Vanderlay

Would you suggest that one should have multiple outs in an Equivoque?

The way it is taught in the Mark Elsdon lecture there is no need for the multiple outs for most effects.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There's no need for multiple outs at all if you do it right. . . and your list is missing Docc Hilford's E'Voque, which is a very important perspective you should have in mind.

Multiple Outs is a technique in and of it's own.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results