Draven Reviews: Inner Circle by Yigal Mesika

attachment.php

Effect: Inner Circle
Artist: Yigal Mesika
Link: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52927
Retail Price: $19.95 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Notes: This is a utility device. It is designed to carry and dispense loops.
Includes:
? 1 Package of Loops
? 1 Inner Circle Card
? Digital Download to Loops, Animated Miracles

Loops are the magician?s secret weapon. If you want to create some seriously powerful miracles, animate, levitate, or otherwise astound your audience with the truly impossible you?re not going to find a more reliable, better way of accomplishing that than with Yigal Mesika?s Loops. However for the longest time we as magicians have been vexed with the problem of storing our loops in such a way that they are easily accessible to us. Loops can easily be damaged by just being carried around in our pockets or in our close up cases, and nothing sucks worse than going to do a performance using loops realizing that your last one broke or became unusable while in storage. Yigal solves this problem by giving you access to his secret weapon: The Inner Circle.

The Inner Circle is a credit card sized (and about as thick) plastic card that fits easily into your wallet, opens up, and stores a full set of loops safely inside. The tension bar inside the case holds the loops in place and prevents them from breaking or being damaged during your daily routines. Upon close up examination when I first received the product I noticed how simple the design is. Thin plastic, and a magnetic clasp to hold it shut. I thought that this cheaply made product wouldn?t stand up to the test of practical use. I thought wrong. I can tell you honestly that I am one of the hardest on props kind of person you?ll ever meet. My cell phone is encased in an otter box because without it my phone would be destroyed I know because my otter box looks like it survived a trip through Hell. My wallets don?t normally last two years before they need to be replaced, and I seem to go through a deck of cards practically once every couple performances. I?m just hard on things. I put the Inner Circle, fully loaded with a set of loops into my wallet, where my debit card usually sits, and carried it around with me for two weeks everywhere I went. After two weeks of wear and tear I started performing with the loops and it was as if I just purchased them at the magic store. Not only did the Inner Circle protect them from snapping or stretching out, but it kept them in pristine condition! I?m impressed beyond words.

The video download gives you some wonderful ideas on what you can use Loops for and the teaching is pretty good. If you never have used IT before, and you?ve never heard of Loops, then this product is designed especially for you. These easy to master miracles will have you out and blowing minds of your friends and family within minutes, the only problem you may encounter is learning how to handle IT. It takes a bit of finesse that you get with time and experience. However from a product point of view, this thing is a must have. The video teaches you ten simple tricks using loops, but make no mistake they pack a punch when performed correctly. From levitation of playing cards, to psychokinetically moving borrowed objects, you?re only limited by your own imagination what you can apply use of Loops to.

Overall I?m highly satisfied with this product. You should keep Loops in your arsenal anyways, and what better way to carry them now other than with Inner Circle? It puts Loops in an easy to access, easy to load place that you?ll never forget to keep with you. This is a win-win for everyone.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9
I?m not much for the cheap thin plastic the Inner Circle is made out of but I can?t argue with results. It survived two weeks in my wallet and kept all my loops in perfect working order.

Teaching Quality: 9
Spend a few minutes with the video and you?ll have more than enough information to go out and start performing some of the hardest hitting magic you?ll ever do close up and impromptu.

Video & Sound Quality: 9
Good sound, good video quality.

Overall Quality: 9
If you use Loops already or if you never have before, either way, this product is a must have.

Do you like my reviews? Do you find them helpful, insightful, or do you feel more confident in your magic purchasing decisions based upon the information in my reviews? Do you want to see if your product stands up to the Draven Seal of Approval test? Contact me at draven@williamdraven.com and learn how my next review can be on your product!

Apr 22, 2009
Thanks for the review, Draven! I recently got back into loops, finally got over that learning curve of "I break these all the time," and was really wondering if this product was worth it. I love using loops and this seems like it will be a worthwhile purchase.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
If you break them all the time then get yourself some wax and a spool of invisible thread with the inner circle card. You won't regret it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results