Saturday Night Contest - Inside The Box

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a fantastic week. Just last Friday, we released The Mystery Box - a collaboration with J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, and 826 National. The box itself is our monument to mystery: a tribute to our love of magic, wonder, and infinite possibility.

There are many types of magic effects that can involve a type of box - signed card to card box, a prediction in an envelope, any object appearing or disappearing inside of a box, etc. There are infinite things you can accomplish using a box, and we thought it was great inspiration for this week's challenge.

So, what's the challenge? Your job is to create an effect that involves something inside of a box; and it can be in a vague way. As long as you use some type of box or closed/sealed object like an envelope, anything is fair game. You could do an effect that relates to the examples above, or you can create something entirely new that we haven't mentioned/seen before.

Once you have your effect created, perform it on video and upload your performance to either YouTube or Vimeo. Then, post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 8:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 9th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

We are judging this week's contest based on creativity and execution. Make sure your trick is polished before you film the performance; we don't want to see any flashes!

What can you get if you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and 3 Decks of Mystery Box Playing Cards! One to open, One to keep closed, and One to share - spreading the mystery to someone else; a friend, family member, or complete stranger.

Can you think inside the box? We can't wait to see your entries!

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
this is the second trick i ever ''invented''(i invented like four:)) and i am still to this day thinking of releasing it in some way. now that the wire is here, the consideration is even bigger. but i would need to polish it again and buy some windowed decks again. this is only one way of doing it. you can do a color change a vanish or a production. the ideas are endless. there are no slits in the box.

this is my submission for the SNC - Inside The Box

Robbery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbpPkYVutw

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, just a quick update regarding the contest. We have added an extra hour to participate due to daylight savings time here in the United States. So, the updated deadline is 8:30pm EST tonight! Your entries so far are awesome; can't wait to see more! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results