Thumb propulsion help

Nov 12, 2013
So I saw Andrei do the thumb propulsion on a video and I admired how he caught it in his mouth. I was having much trouble with the move at first, but now I have finally mastered it and would like to give tips on how to catch it. (This is help directed towards beginners trying to learn the move). First off, get good at the thumb propulsion. You need to be able to control the height and direction that the card moves. Second, lick your lips just a tad to get some stick. Third, (this was something I realized I was doing very wrong), you shouldnt have to go to the card, make the card come to you. When you shoot the card in the air, it goes up, slows down and reaches a peak, and comes down. Thats just how gravity works. Well when I taught myself, I would shoot it high above my head and lean forward a ton to reach it. I then realized that I couldnt catch the card as long as my breath was competing with the strength of gravity. I noticed that the weakest point in the gravitational pull was the peak. If you only shoot it to your mouth level, it will reach its point of weakness in the perfect place: right in front of your face. That is your opportunity to lean forward and suck it up: it comes to a stopping point in the air. Remember, practice and repetition is the only way to get better at this, and position and timing is key. Hope that helped anyone with the same problem I had. Good luck! -Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 14, 2013
Brazil
It's all practise. I've been doing that move for a while now and I manage to catch it around 50% of the time. It's all about timing and well aiming for the card. Of course if you manage to throw the card in a straight up line it makes it much easier =D

Nov 8, 2014
I noticed that the weakest point in the gravitational pull was the peak. If you only shoot it to your mouth level, it will reach its point of weakness in the perfect place: right in front of your face.???

aaaaaaaaaa

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results