Big problem with Divorce by Justin Miller

Ok, so I've been experiencing one big problem with divorce. I bought the download, and I'm following absolutely every bit of instruction from it, but when I'm pulling the ring "through" my
finger, it never looks as good as when Justin does it --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkK0MFDxZb4

If you skip to 0:55 on the video, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Now I know things take time and practice, but I doubt that out of every 50 attempts of this sleight, it still looks like I've just dragged it across my finger. I'm wondering if my ring size is what's holding me back. I don't particularly know the size of my ring, but when I put it on my pinky there's about a 3mm space left between the inside of the
ring, and the flesh of my pinky finger. Also, the width of the ring I've been practicing with is 8mm. I was thinking
perhaps I should buy a thinner ring with a bigger size. That way maybe it will look a lot cleaner?

For those of you who know the ins and outs of divorce, can you help me out?

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
All you have to do is relax your hand all the way, and pull fast. Don't hesitate at all when you do it and it'll look great. Ring sizes aren't an excuse, it's all about making minor adjustments to your form

Jun 13, 2013
i had the same problem at first. What i do to fix it, is completely relax my pinky, and litterally try to rip the ring through my finger. When you actually try to rip it through, it comes off just like when justin does it. Good luck!

i had the same problem at first. What i do to fix it, is completely relax my pinky, and litterally try to rip the ring through my finger. When you actually try to rip it through, it comes off just like when justin does it. Good luck!
When practicing this in front of a mirror, do you notice your pinky moving at all? Or is it supposed to look completely still when you're pulling it through? Trust me, I do exactly what you're saying, but I still see it move, and that makes me hesitant to perform this for people. o_O

Feb 18, 2014
Hey can a mod remove some of the previous posts? Thats blatant exposure! You just revealed the method. But to help just keep watching the tutorial over and over listening to every word JM says, you might have missed something. It all comes down to practice, just keep trying, ring size doesn't matter...

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I personally don't think they've exposed anything of value as people who aren't familiar with the trick is not going to have a clue on whats being spoken here. My advice is to just keep doing it and not to think about it because I perform this along with Reflex by PK and that helps too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results