New Stage Program

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey my dear friends,

I just called the place where I will perform and the electronic (camera+beamer) is not available. That wasn't clear until today. This means I need tricks that can be see up to a distance of 45m. A shirt change wouldn't be a good option there. So what to do. I am searching for tricks that are easy. This should be a collection of tricks. I will work out the presentation asap (this weekend). These tricks should be inexpensive as well as I can only afford to invest 200? more for those tricks :). I know that the risk of failure increases but no risk no fun and without a failure i wont develope. I will do the show nonetheless. So please tellme your ideas.
Thank you so much for your help.
Cheers
Philipp

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
oh yes, its on the 6.7. . Before you think Im an idiot, which I probably am :), this is the same thing im planning since January. I know this is stupid. But I have unlimited time to practice per day. 6 hours + can be achieved.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
how much have the act do you have to change? Really the best thing you can do is look at what you can perform already and try to add those things to the act. In terms of what you could buy then think about what will fit the style theme of the show and your personal style. I wouldn't buy to much new stuff as you dont want to bog yourself down in learning all new things they will have to be polished for the show, as that will be quite a hard task.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
the problem i have is that the tricks i learned won't be seen at a distance of 45m. such as a bn routine or a book test. and esp. the gypsy thread.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
Ok so really you didn't have a stage show to start with? Really you were geared up for a close up or at best a parlour show? Lesson 1,
don't book a show you don't have ;)

Do you own a copy or the Mark Wilson book or any of the Tarbell books? If not get hold of either (Tarbell is in volumes) asap. In both you will find a tricks that are suitable for that sort of venue and should be relatively easy to get to grips with.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
indeed.i have the wilson course . didn#t think of that so far. Here are some tricks that could be great to perform:
1. book test -> everyone sees it, even from 45 m
2. BN routine -> same
and i have the presentations already finished for both.
i could close the show with this:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2491
Now I just need an opener. And a super big impression device :)

Nov 1, 2013
I personally have that trick and the trailer does pretty much show the entire trick, go around back, aopen box, do trick, close box go back around for end. simple.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Thanks fo your hint Boomer, I will buy it as a closer as my parent have a lot of these boxes.
So what do I use for an opener?
Maybe Freefall by Andrew Mayne, or just a funny speech?

May 22, 2014
If you are looking for an effective and inexpensive opener , i highly recommend THREAD. Also you said you like gypsy thread, so you can began the routine by gypsy thread and move on to THREAD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results