effect feedback

Apr 1, 2009
California
There are a few flaws that I would point out. First off, when you're not going to restore the entire card, you're going to have to provide a reason. Paul Harris presented a reason for his extra piece with his presentation on his torn and restored effect in The Art of Astonishment. In filming, try to keep it all in frame and without the cuts. Especially when performing for magicians, you don't want to give them those reasons to be skeptical.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
I agree with AsherF you need to show the trick in full without cuts before people can give a any sort of constructive criticism. My only problem with TnR effects where you have one piece left over is they are a little redundant now. Since there are so many effects, most notably Guy Hollingworth's version where you restore the whole card, why would you do a effect that seems incomplete where you have a left over piece?

Nov 1, 2013
no it doesn't, and I just thought of maybe challenging the spectator to fully restore the card such as "if you can restore this card ill _______" how does this sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2013
Boston
I handling is very closed and covered. Even with the uncut video you hands covered most of the magic at all times. With other piece by piece tnrs like torn and repair I'm not sure how this is any better.
-Isaac

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results