What trick should I buy?

Dec 1, 2007
So, i'm new here and i signed up firstly to find out what is the best trick i can buy here.
I'm fairly new to magic, so i'm looking for something simple, yet amazing.
Gimmicks are not my best friend but if its awsome enough i can put up with one.
I have a distaste for anything that cant be examined, like the invisble deck.
And i like street magic best.
the one with the card changing in the bag seems kinda cool

Nov 22, 2007
So, i'm new here and i signed up firstly to find out what is the best trick i can buy here.
I'm fairly new to magic, so i'm looking for something simple, yet amazing.
Gimmicks are not my best friend but if its awsome enough i can put up with one.
I have a distaste for anything that cant be examined, like the invisble deck.
And i like street magic best.
the one with the card changing in the bag seems kinda cool

Buy the trilogy.

lol

Dec 1, 2007
the only thing keeping me from buying the witness, is it seems to amazing for me. I have no idea how its done, but it seems complicated. And i being not gimmicked just makes it seem like it would be really REALLY difficult.

the only thing keeping me from buying the witness, is it seems to amazing for me. I have no idea how its done, but it seems complicated. And i being not gimmicked just makes it seem like it would be really REALLY difficult.

Dude trust me when I say this. The method is so mutha freakin simple you are gonna slap yourself up side the head. At least me and my brother did.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You keep worrying about being hard of "failing"
If you think magic is all about being easy, then you my friend can go kick yourself in the face and realize what magic really is about.
Nothing better comes out if you're only expecting easy tricks. Practice and determination is everything if you want to start magic.

Ok in my eyes knowing the method of an effect is half the battle. The thing that make a trick work is, are you ready...YOU. If you have good showmanship and good presentation then the trick will work even if you kind of mess up a move. Now I have only had Witness for 2 days and am still practicing it so it is not performance ready.

Dec 1, 2007
ya i know magic takes alot of practice.
i kinda phrased my last post wrong.
if i had thought you never had to practice i never would have made it this far.
Just with some tricks, there are problems with that are quite hard avoid.
Like sometimes you're suposed to mess up a card prediction three times, then they all transform into the chosen card. With this trick you cant avoid sometimes accedently choosing the correct card as one of the ones your supposed to get wrong.
But i think i'll order it.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
witness is easy to do(you cant get it wrong the first time you do it), so you can focus on the showmanship instead of sleights.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I have to agree. As stated, Witness is a lesson in simplicity. The method is so cleverly worked out and it is so darned simple you can work on your presentation the entire way. In fact, this trick would be nothing without good presentation. How you perform it and your confidence really make or break this trick. I suggest getting this as a beginner because it really teaches you how even the simplest tricks can be amazing.

//David.Misner::

Witness doesn't exactly "fail", unless you drop everything and scream the method.

The two tricks on Theory 11 that don't require gimmicks are The Trilogy and Witness.

If you're into cards, and you have money to spare, I highly suggest the Trilogy.
If you're into ending clean, simple, a mindblowing trick, go with Witness.

However, you may want to consider starting off with 1-on-1's. They don't require gimmicks, and many of them set-up or end a good routine.

Panic does involve a gimmick, but it's fairly clean.

Enjoy!

- sky_lark

Dec 1, 2007
okay, thanks for all the input, i think i'll order witness.
just out of interest, how long will it take to arrive.
i live in canada
and i'm ordering the DVD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results