Saturday Night Contest - Cardist Combat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! I picked a winner and didn't realize the video was actually posted a while back. Since that is against the rules, I'd like to reconsider our original decision (this doesn't take away the merit of the original move - that slick fan tho!). That said, this week's winner is...................... Alvin Herp! submission: http://instagram.com/p/rOTRBgvq2a/

Congrats on the win Alvin! Very slick and smooth cut, definitely grabbed our attention. Thanks to everyone who participated, until next time! Rock on,

PS: Patrick, you're a beast. I'll just keep saying that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 7, 2013
I thought you said we need to create a flourish specifically for this contest. Now this guy won because of an awesome flourish he created 6 months ago and had that time to practice? Now I sat all day creating and practicing a flourish for this contest, but the rules were bent? Come on, theory11.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I thought you said we need to create a flourish specifically for this contest. Now this guy won because of an awesome flourish he created 6 months ago and had that time to practice? Now I sat all day creating and practicing a flourish for this contest, but the rules were bent? Come on, theory11.

Yep, all resolved, thanks for the heads up!

1st off, the criteria clearly said brand new video. So, i though it was ok to make a video of an old move as long as it was a video made for this contest(?) What i can see i didn't do anything wrong.
I understand what theentrydude means but as i said, I was following the rules.
Andrei also wrote that my video was old, which it's not.

I think you should be more clear about the rules so something like this wont happen again.

Thanks c:

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
1st off, the criteria clearly said brand new video. So, i though it was ok to make a video of an old move as long as it was a video made for this contest(?) What i can see i didn't do anything wrong.
I understand what theentrydude means but as i said, I was following the rules.
Andrei also wrote that my video was old, which it's not.

I think you should be more clear about the rules so something like this wont happen again.

Thanks c:

Thanks for understanding Birger! Your move is definitely FAN-tastic (see what I did there? haha), really enjoyed it. That said, I believe the contest clearly stated to create an original flourish for that night's contest, rather than "perform an original flourish in a new video". The fun part is in creating the flourish the same day and to push/challenge yourself. I hope to see you on here next time with some more sick skill. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results