Cups and Balls and Cups and Balls

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a cups and balls set (really just the cups) but i need them to be chop cups (for David Regal's Cups and balls and Cups and Balls routine). I haven't been able to find any cheap ones that could also load tennis balls or other large items. any suggestions?

thanks and much appreciated
-Anthony

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Most all sets of C&B are more than large enough for a Tennis Ball or small Apple. . . at least 95% of the sets I've seen outside a kiddie magic kit or special mini units that get released as novelties but yes, they are all very over-priced for the most part and in order to get a "starter's kit" you need to purchase from questionable sources (a.k.a. Chinese black market). But, here's a few decent enough deals on combo sets.

http://www.magictricks.com/combo-cups-and-balls-aluminum.html

http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Cups-And-Balls-Aluminium/dp/B008Z27E6S

That's about the best you're going to do without coughing up $150.00 -- $500.00

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Well if you've got the money, you COULD get the Stainless Steel Cups from Auke Dokkem. Those things will last you forever and they are near indestructible. Though for somebody just starting out, I would say go for a "decent" set. I know Bazar Da Magia sells a pretty decent set for around 50-90 bucks.

Though if you are REALLY strapped for cash, you COULD learn the Dai Vernon Impromptu one from the Stars of Magic. The only thing you would need to get are the crotchet balls which should only set you back like 15 dollars at the most. Everything else you would have at home. Newspaper, butter knife, fruits, and glasses.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Well if you've got the money, you COULD get the Stainless Steel Cups from Auke Dokkem. Those things will last you forever and they are near indestructible. Though for somebody just starting out, I would say go for a "decent" set. I know Bazar Da Magia sells a pretty decent set for around 50-90 bucks.

Though if you are REALLY strapped for cash, you COULD learn the Dai Vernon Impromptu one from the Stars of Magic. The only thing you would need to get are the crotchet balls which should only set you back like 15 dollars at the most. Everything else you would have at home. Newspaper, butter knife, fruits, and glasses.

Technically speaking you can do the Vernon routine with small wads of paper vs. the balls. . . in fact, you can do most any C&B routine using most any set of cups and substitute the balls for pebbles, marbles or any number of other items. . . use your imagination.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As mentioned you can use many items for the "balls" ha ha. I even use the pom-pom balls from craft stores. They set on the table nicely and don't roll around near as much so I never worry about them rolling off the table. And....they are very quiet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results