New Playing Card Design

Jarrod F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I've been tinkering with this deck design (link below) for a couple days, as well as some other similarly related ones, and have been considering putting this one up on kickstarter once I'm done. The Ace of Spades and Jokers are still in the works but I was hoping for some initial feedback regarding the back design from anyone willing to make any suggestions and if there is any interest toward the deck. Thank you.

http://imgur.com/f6A49XB

Dec 29, 2011
Meh, its extremely similar to Omar Renfro's deck which did not get fully funded on Kickstarter.

Jarrod F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Are you talking about in terms of the whole tropical feel and the two circles in the design? While I do feel it's similar in that sense, it has a different theme to it and there are other decks I plan on designing with different seasons portrayed (in this case, Summer). I do appreciate the feedback though. Thank you!

Nov 26, 2013
Seems like more of a cardistry deck than a magic deck. With that being said, I would suggest putting a litte white dot/circle in the center of the card. This would appeal to cardists since the dot would enhance certain flourishes. Love the design! :)

Jarrod F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I have fun designing things, in this case a new deck design, and sharing whatever it may be with others. I'm sure this is how everyone else who has released custom playing cards feels. If people express interest in what it is then that's awesome. If not, I'll have a prototype deck with the designs lying around my house. I've always loved the vast majority of playing cards out there and all of the different designs that each one has that makes them unique. While I do agree that there are a lot of custom cards out there, all of them seem to be unique in their own way and in my mind this deck as well as the other design concept I came up with aren't an exception. For some people, its overwhelming and for others it's just one more deck (or a dozen) that they can add to their collection.

Jul 24, 2014
It's neat to have something custom, something yours. And although we all have more cards than we know what to do with, for some reason we keep buying more. It's an addiction to that brand new deck feel and that perfect thumb fan.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results