Can I?

Aug 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been reading book lately and saw a nice trick, but there was many weak points in it, so I've been thinking over it and developed it with many new ideas and improvements, and I wanted to submit it on The Wire. Can I do it if I aknowledge that main method isn't mine (and if I remember well, author of this book wasn't inventor either but only described this trick)?

Oct 28, 2014
Hi MrFreud! I think so but i'm not one hundred percent sure so you should for sure contact Theory 11 with you question. To do this just go to the bottom or top of the page and click support. I hope this helps and have a good day!

Aug 7, 2014
Many... I couldn't count it, so I don't want to give any numbers, since I don't want to mislead you.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes - I don't think someone should release an effect unless they've performed it enough to work out the kinks and really explore the effect. If someone hasn't been performing something for at least a year it's probably not ready for release.

The fact that you didn't actually invent the trick would be irrelevant if you haven't made sure it's actually a practical, real-world effect.

Aug 7, 2014
Oh, I understand what you mean... well in that case I think it really works great in real life (actually it can't work other way, because it's mental effect and needs the other person to do it) even in it's original form, but my way and many ideas on it makes it, I think, more impossible. It had some problems after I've "improoved" it, but I've reduced them and find out how to avoid some situation which can destroy the whole effect, that's why I wanted to share it with you :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
What Christopher says is irrelevant if you just want to get it onto the Wire. In that case the method is almost more important than the effect when you are talking about originality.

For the sake of preserving your name as a creator of course you want to make sure that you are releasing quality products to the magic community. That's what Christopher is trying to get at. He wants you to care about your brand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results