Staple gun roulette ideas

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, I've been playing a lot with Risk by Francesco Tesai, the staplegun roulette. Four stapleguns, one is loaded. It's a great trick and gets heaps of shocks. My only problem is the ending.

The climax of the effect really is the third staplegun, after which it's just me showing it's been full the whole time.

I've hit a wall on ideas, anything to keep the flow strong, any ideas from people would be awesome.

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Hey ribby!

I have a question with this effect as I do not own it. You said in the descriptions it is the third staple gun with the loaded staples as the climax. Was this a typo? Wouldn't it make more sense that the last (the fourth) staple gun have the "ammunition".

With roulette effects the goal is to build suspense (or comedy) through your presentation/acting skills. With each elimination of a staple gun I would act more nervous and build suspense by taking more time with the elimination procedure. Finally, the reveal has to be dramatic in some sense. I don't know the method, but if you could staple a piece of paper to a board or release staples into a piece of fruit (watermelon maybe?) that would make it more dramatic than just emptying the cartridge.

Just a quick thought,

~Ryan

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
That's my feeling with the effect, the fourth gun is loaded but the audience reaction is highest with the third. When i perform each one gets more dangerous, I start with my hand then either my abs or my butt for comedy and then the neck is third, after that, shooting the staples into wood just seems like an 'oh hey there they are clap clap'

Short of actually stapling myself I can't think of a way to make that reveal more dramatic, the fruit could work. Usually I staple my business card onto a deck of cards for them :p.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results