Let's create our own custom cards

Nov 30, 2007
I'm glad you like it, I'm currently working on a revision taking into account all the feedback I've received.

For those of you who haven't seen the design: Here :)

Ok... here goes my designs.
(iashraf, i hope you dont mind i used your layout for mine, since this is a group project i though it would be ok.)
I have mine.. in like 4 or 5 colors haha... here goes..

Attachments

• card_BLACK.jpg
    card_BLACK.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 79
  • card_WHITE.jpg
    card_WHITE.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 56
  • card_BLUE.jpg
    card_BLUE.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 61
  • card_RED.jpg
    card_RED.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2007
UK
If a large number of people put money into making a custom deck, does that mean they all have to agree, and be able to put forward modifications, to one design? And if they do put money towards it, and the deck is later available for purchase by the general public, do they all get a percentage of the profits made? Or even the losses if it doesnt do very well?

Sep 1, 2007
I had this idea for a deck a while ago. It was called "noir." The idea was to have washed-out greys and blurred face-cards. The ace was a kind of gritty design with splatters of ink. Here are the images I made.

The first was the ambigram I made. Turn yourself upside-down.

The second was the distorted king.

The third was the distored four.

The last was one of a few back designs. All of the other files were too large to upload, though.

The keyword: Gritty.

Obviously, these may be a bit superflous and impractical to make into a deck of cards, but whatever.

Attachments

• Noir.jpg
    Noir.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Noir King.3.jpg
    Noir King.3.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Noir Four.2.jpg
    Noir Four.2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Bicycle Noir.3.jpg
    Bicycle Noir.3.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 78
If a large number of people put money into making a custom deck, does that mean they all have to agree, and be able to put forward modifications, to one design? And if they do put money towards it, and the deck is later available for purchase by the general public, do they all get a percentage of the profits made? Or even the losses if it doesnt do very well?

good question. If I contribute to something that could be be released soon will I get royalties?

Aug 31, 2007
i really love the jerry/theory eleven design. but it shouldnt be called hteory11. IDK what but something magical. like Deception, idk.

but i like the designs. i would love to make my own, but i dont have a designing program, nor know where to print them. if we (theory11 comunity) decide to print decks, i think they should be tally ho stock, because tallys handle fantastically.

Nov 25, 2007
I dont know about you guys but there is a WHOLE website devoted to making custom cards:http://gaffzone.freeforums.org/portal.php they do anything there, and u can even put some requests in...some gaffs are good soem are bad,but they just stareted,so join they may even put your card in the deck.Dosnt matter if u dont have an editior,make requests,or hep submit ideas,Thanks

Nov 30, 2007
I think as a community, are biting more than we can chew - and with people rightfully wanting the lo-down on royalties and what-not, this is just going to get more complicated.

I propose that we just contribute fun designs and ideas, and forward them to theory11 - if t11 likes the design maybe they could produce and sell the cards, cutting t11 forumers a discount per deck.

Lastly, keep theory11 name and branding out of it, you're only asking for legal issues if you start selling the decks - as nice as I think the t11 folks are, they are gonna want a stake in the profits, for using their name and branding... trust me. Also, as trademark and copyright holders of the theory11 brand, they are legally obliged to fight people in the court of law, who use their image and branding without permission - even if it is a fan project... and besides, they haven't given us any kind of permission.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results