ACAAN Idea.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Hey guys, I recently created a neat adaptation with the ACAAN principle and it goes as follows:

The effect takes place in a bar or anywhere with a dartboard available. The spectator selects a card and is then lost and shuffled into the pack, after that, any amount of darts are thrown to the board and then of the darts thrown the spectator has the choice of any of the numbers that they have thrown. At that point the cards are dealt and the selection is located at the number they choose. (The dart thrown is not influenced in any way nor is the card controlled to that number in the deck).

I'm not trying to get feedback to release this effect but I would like to know what you guys think of it as I feel it's extremely powerful. Also if you guys have seen this effect anywhere else please let me know.

Also, what ideas do you adapt to your ACAAN routine?

Thanks. :)

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Thats an awesome idea! the method behind it probably isnt very original, but the patter/background to it is great!

Thanks buddy! I know it isn't probably 100% original hence my intention is not to sell it. I do have my own method but I'd rather not try my luck, but if you might be able to pull it off please feel free to use this idea! :)

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
Hey guys, I recently created a neat adaptation with the ACAAN principle and it goes as follows:

The effect takes place in a bar or anywhere with a dartboard available. The spectator selects a card and is then lost and shuffled into the pack, after that, any amount of darts are thrown to the board and then of the darts thrown the spectator has the choice of any of the numbers that they have thrown. At that point the cards are dealt and the selection is located at the number they choose. (The dart thrown is not influenced in any way nor is the card controlled to that number in the deck).

I'm not trying to get feedback to release this effect but I would like to know what you guys think of it as I feel it's extremely powerful. Also if you guys have seen this effect anywhere else please let me know.

Also, what ideas do you adapt to your ACAAN routine?

Thanks. :)

This is by far one of the best ways of selecting a number that I have ever heard of! Friggin' genius!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
In the right situation I could see this doing very well. It adds a bit of theatricality and enlarges the effect for the rest of the audience. One of the major problems with card magic is how small it inherently is. Small props and usually small tricks. How can you show a single card to the back of an auditorium?

So that's a nice way to make it bigger and add something else for the audience to look at. Nice work.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
In the right situation I could see this doing very well. It adds a bit of theatricality and enlarges the effect for the rest of the audience. One of the major problems with card magic is how small it inherently is. Small props and usually small tricks. How can you show a single card to the back of an auditorium?

So that's a nice way to make it bigger and add something else for the audience to look at. Nice work.

Thank you for the feedback man! :) I understand not being able to the card to larger audiences but I personally feel, much like a smoke device for example, you would have to choose the right moment and play it off much bigger than it actually is. Again, many thanks for your kind words! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results