Mass Material?

Nov 20, 2013
What material do you use most often?

For me it's my own personalized effects. My "ACR" dubbed "ACR1", A pop out called "Gold", and a "here, there, and everywhere" I called "Everywheres". I'm trying to get into coin magic.. which is why I'm asking the question. But I also want to hear from the card men and mentalists too.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
As far as coin material I perform the Tenkai Pennies routine from the Klutz Book of Magic and Eric Jones' Perigrination. My go to card effect is probably the Biddle trick.

Aug 17, 2010
David Roth's three ball routine, coins across, copper-silver and Hanging coins
Call Shot (Dean Dill)
A couple things from Doug Brewer's book Unexpected Visitor; 'the famous three coin trick,' and 'backhanded'
Kozmo's coins to cup.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
One of my all time favorite coin tricks which is dead easy to do is found in Art of Astonishment Volume 2. It's called England's penetration and consists of tossing a dime through a spectators hand. It never fails to get a great reaction and is about as self working as a coin trick can get.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I recently picked up Ritual of Liberation and see myself using that one a lot.

Otherwise my go-to material is generally hypnosis, pseudo-hypnosis, and my energy transfer routine. I also do impromptu mind reading using a variety of methods pretty often.

Nov 20, 2013
thanks Goatears, I will be checking that england's penetration soon. thanks Dude.

JButterfield! Keep doing your tricks man! David Roth is a smart man.. (I've never met him, but I can only guess.)

MrHurley, I see you on here all the time, what tricks do you practice? You don't do many coin or card tricks, what do you focus on?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
MrHurley, I see you on here all the time, what tricks do you practice? You don't do many coin or card tricks, what do you focus on?

I'm mainly practicing for a strolling set for a children's hospital. All prop magic. I know the adage of 'play from the povkets' but I think I have some awesome strolling routines with the prop magic; that and I'm chomping at the bit.

I lack a proper funding for the prop magic right now. I built makeshift versions of the prop magic I intend to use to try and get more comfortable with the 3 routines I made; a lot of scripting and routining right now.

Also, because I dont have a whole lot. I'm here all the time in between card flourish breaks.

But a lot of what I've been doing lately is free card flourish tutorials. But I intend to get my hands on more of the tricks with a monetary value attached to them very soon. Namely Huckos Mechanics Pass. It looks like an interesting, clean, and sturdy Pass. AND it's one handed; totally up my alley

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results