Clipshift

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Hey guys, so I've been practicing the Clipshift lately and I can do it but it's just that the card that is being brought up makes this ugly snapping noise as it snaps off the front of the deck, if you know the move then you'll know when and where this problem occurs.

Have any of you experienced this? If so what did you do to fix it and if not what do you recommend? I've tried playing around with hand positions and speed but I just can't escape this issue.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sep 6, 2014
Hi! I also had the same problem doing the Clipshift. There are some little advices that I can give to you but I'm not gonna because little things won't be useful. My best advice is to practice. When you practice enough, the sound will go by itself. But as you can understand the move that we're talking about is a hard one. Just try a lot and you'll get it. I'm sorry but that's it.
Have fun with it.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Hi! I also had the same problem doing the Clipshift. There are some little advices that I can give to you but I'm not gonna because little things won't be useful. My best advice is to practice. When you practice enough, the sound will go by itself. But as you can understand the move that we're talking about is a hard one. Just try a lot and you'll get it. I'm sorry but that's it.
Have fun with it.

Yeah I get what you're saying, I can do the move, I even have routines that I use it for it's just the sound that gets me.

Apr 3, 2013
I do not know the reason behind you learning it whether it be for a cool one handed color change or just being skilled enough to do it, but i am going to be releasing a one handed color change soon on the wire if you are interested.

P.S. it looks exactly like the clipshift

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I do not know the reason behind you learning it whether it be for a cool one handed color change or just being skilled enough to do it, but i am going to be releasing a one handed color change soon on the wire if you are interested.

P.S. it looks exactly like the clipshift

I have a Inversion routine I want to build using the Clipshift and some elements of Gregory Wilson's Revolver routine. I will definitely look into your release when it comes out. :)

Jan 28, 2015
It's an insanely difficult move when first learning and it took me 6 months before I eliminated the "click", that's what made it so much fun to learn for me is knowing as frustrated as I was that when I finally put in enough hours of practicing it, that everything would come together.

Basically all I am saying is, is that the only way to get rid of the imperfections is to practice, however much time you've been practicing it up to this point, practice it for twice as long, then double that practice time in month, etc.

-KZ

jrandom

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2007
Missoula, MT
www.flickr.com
I had to force myself to practice this sleight slowly, as slow as I could manage. That allowed me to finally get rid of the click, but it took quite a bit of effort. After that I was able to bring it back up to full speed.

Amo

Apr 24, 2014
Like most other things it seems to be slow and perfect practice. I still get the click too but it seems to fly by if i do the move at the right moments. Where ever I perform there is always background noise that helps to cover this click up. Weird place such as the dentist when i went for my check up today, i was asked to do a trick. The clip shift amazed them because of not only the looks but also the background noise covering up the sound.
So in a nutshell i believe it will be slow and concentrated practice that will get it for me, maybe even you!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results