Keeping cards in shape

C

CruiseH

as cardistry we bring our cards everywhere. Since we keep our cards with us we keep them in our pockets. I bring my cards to school - keep them in my pocket but they get a really nasty click bend and it mashed up the box - I am going to get one but I dont have a card clip so how do I keep them in shape without one?

Also when would you say is an okay time(other than lunch break) to practice in school?

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I had the same issue at one point but I primarily use plastic coated cards that literally will never bend but just walking around with a boxed deck of cards in your hands should prevent this. As for practicing in school, when I was in highschool I would literally just practice in class during the lesson, I had a pretty good reputation so most of the teachers were okay with it (although I did have my cards confiscated a couple times :D )

Practicing in class usually got me a really good crowd to perform for as some people get intrigued by what I was doing.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
What I meant was that if you hold the boxed deck of cards for a longer time than it is in your pocket it should help. Just casually walk around holding it or do flourishes with it.

Dec 31, 2014
I had the same problem and just solved it by purchasing a card clip! The Joe Porper clips are great and keep your cards perfectly straight and safe even in your pocket!

Nov 26, 2013
as cardistry we bring our cards everywhere. Since we keep our cards with us we keep them in our pockets. I bring my cards to school - keep them in my pocket but they get a really nasty click bend and it mashed up the box - I am going to get one but I dont have a card clip so how do I keep them in shape without one?

Also when would you say is an okay time(other than lunch break) to practice in school?
You could carry the cards in your back pack.

Jan 28, 2015
The only way to solve your problem is using a card clip.

I have a stainless steel one and I love it, well worth the price.

KjynxwX.png

C

CruiseH

Where can I get one besides ellusionist and eBay? ( I am supporting a kickstarter by the way w/ my reward being a card clip/deck

Dec 7, 2014
Keep the cards in a loose pocket. Jean pockets or tight pockets warp cards with your body heat and pressure. I would suggest a card clip but I don't think you need one so just keep it in a loose pocket. If they have a clicking sound then put the cards in their box and stack a couple of heavy books or objects on top of the cards to flatten them out. For bringing cards to school it is a good thing to practice if it's ok with teachers at lunch. I do it all the time.

Mar 7, 2015

For the cards I recommend you to buy a card clip.
To practice I would recommend lunch time and easy classes to practice. Your teachers must be great because in my school just 3 teachers allow me to use the cards, so be thankful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results