Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Earlier this week, we featured Richard Wiseman's newest optical illusion in our Media Section. The illusion itself will have you scratching your head, but the secret behind it is even more amazing. We were so impressed by this illusion that we had to use that as inspiration for this week's challenge.

Using YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, your job is to make a video or image of an optical illusion. It can be any type of illusion; floating card or deck, coins standing on each other by the edges, you name it. The only rule is that you cannot use any special video/image editing to accomplish your optical illusion. You can use any method you like, as long as it does not use touching or editing in any way. Also, we will only accept NEW submissions - any old videos or images will not be counted.

Once you have taken a video or photo of your optical illusion, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, February 8th (24 HOURS). After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

The winner will be decided based on overall creativity and execution; make sure the composition is right for your illusion and make it unique. If you follow that criteria, you have a better shot of winning! Granted, your illusion does not have to be 100% original. You can use Wiseman's videos on Quirkology as inspiration, this cool video of anamorphic illusions, and anything else you can find.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and a pre-release deck of Contraband Playing Cards, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing your optical illusions!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I had an idea the minute I read this. Sorry if it isn't super mind blowing: http://instagram.com/p/y0kxqDv08T/
The lighting in my house is terrible :(
Good luck everyone!

Hey Bryant, it says that the page is not found. Can you make sure your account is not private or make sure the link you entered was correct? We want to be able to see your entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results