Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Results are in! After much deliberation, we have decided on a winner.

Execution was the deciding factor in this week's contest among all the criteria. You guys did a fantastic job showcasing your newly-created illusions, and we enjoyed going through them and seeing your creativity. With that said, onto the winner. Like I stated earlier, execution was the deciding factor, and we felt that the cleanest illusion demonstrated belonged to Kirby. Congrats! Please contact our support team and they will hook you up with your prize ASAP!

We also want to give a round of applause to our honorable mentions who made this week's contest difficult to judge:
goatears
Fox13
officialmikayla

Thanks again to everyone who entered this week! We truly enjoyed it, and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. See you guys this Saturday for a new contest! :)

Jan 28, 2015
Congratulations Kirby, nice job. I'm a little confused however since the rules clearly stated that: "You can use any method you like, as long as it does not use touching or editing in any way." Yet it was admitted by Kirby there were minor color edits.

Edits being the keyword here.

-KZ

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congratulations Kirby, nice job. I'm a little confused however since the rules clearly stated that: "You can use any method you like, as long as it does not use touching or editing in any way." Yet it was admitted by Kirby there were minor color edits.

Edits being the keyword here.

-KZ

When we say touching or editing, it means any type of photoshopping or editing that compromises the integrity of the photo. Let's say you were to edit out something in the photo to make it look like an object was levitating. That is not acceptable for an optical illusion, because if I were to come over to see the "illusion" in real life I would see the object that is responsible for holding up the levitated item. If all that was done to the photo was a slight boost in the colors of the cards, there is no problem with it because the illusion would be the same in person. We do appreciate the concern over the stated rules; we will try to be more specific to avoid any confusion! :)

Jan 28, 2015
When we say touching or editing, it means any type of photoshopping or editing that compromises the integrity of the photo. Let's say you were to edit out something in the photo to make it look like an object was levitating. That is not acceptable for an optical illusion, because if I were to come over to see the "illusion" in real life I would see the object that is responsible for holding up the levitated item. If all that was done to the photo was a slight boost in the colors of the cards, there is no problem with it because the illusion would be the same in person. We do appreciate the concern over the stated rules; we will try to be more specific to avoid any confusion! :)

Hey Casey,

Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense.

Thanks again. :)

-KZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results