Saturday Night Contest - Tribute to Rod

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys, hope you're having a great weekend! Yesterday, we posted a video in the media section of Rod the Hop - and his legendary skills in action. The video was captured by Jason England, and posted in honor of what would have been Rod's birthday - February 27th. I was able to meet Rod on a few occasions - most notably an afternoon at Chris Kenner's house in Las Vegas. I still remember it.

Inspired by that video, we want you guys to show us how you keep control. Control of one card. The challenge for this week is to control one card, the 3 of Clubs, on top of the deck.

Demonstrate that you have complete control of the 3 of Clubs. Begin with the 3 of Clubs on top of the deck, and finish with the card on top. You can do a series of cuts, shuffles, you name it. As long as you are controlling the card, anything is fair game. We are judging this contest based on how convincing and deceptive your control is. If you can do that, you have a great chance of winning this week. Bring your best skills - as we'll be showing the top submissions this week to Jason England himself to help determine a winner.

Videos should be no more than 60 seconds (keep it 1 minute or less). Upload your entry to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 1st. You have 24 HOURS to participate this week.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, 6 Decks of Contraband Playing Cards, and any streaming video by Jason England you choose. Remember, we're looking for which entry can be the most convincing and deceptive in control of the 3 of Clubs. Good luck! You have 24 hours.

Apr 26, 2013
i really dun wana be a spoiler.. but you kinda never showed the faces :| i could easily do that with a deck of 52 3 of clubs :\ you should do another video.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
i really dun wana be a spoiler.. but you kinda never showed the faces :| i could easily do that with a deck of 52 3 of clubs :\ you should do another video.
I agree, to fit both categories (convincing and deceptive) it would be best to show directly or indirectly that all the cards are different. This will be a difficult contest to judge because some entries may scream "doubles" or "52 of a kind". While Bayme never technically said you couldn't use a duplicate I strongly suggest you do not. After all this contest is for controlling a card, not moving a duplicate into place.

Reactions: Eric W.(9)

FelixBodden

Elite Member
Aug 3, 2010
Dominican Republic
Hello guys,

I made the video in a rush that's why is just 15 seconds (On instagram) I don't have the time to make another entry this weekend, hopefully that won't be a problem.

Thank you.

P.S. There's only one 3 of Clubs. I don't show the faces because the video wouldn't fit. The control is called Peregrine Pass by Daniel Prado.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results