Is There A trick Like This?

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
How does this as a concept sound, have any of you seen this kind of effect before?
A blank deck is shown, spread, card for card. The magician causes a spectator to see a card in the blank deck that isn't there.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
One of my favorite effects of that type is by Jay Sankey it's called Brainwash or Fade Away depending on where it was published here's a link:

It's not exactly what you said but has some similarities.

Jan 28, 2015
Aldo Colombini's - Draw a Blank is very close to what you've described, not exactly but close. In fact I am positive that with a little tweaking you could create what you're after (if only in the mind of the spectator) through the use of suggestion.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not sure that the plot is too exciting. Essentially, the spectator sees something and then it vanishes. Unless the effect is absolutely clean, I think you would have a problem because the spectator would want to examine the deck.

There are so many other better plots out there involving a blank deck - DeanDill's Blizzard, Craig Petty's Wipeout, Caleb Wiles' Holy Blank and John Gustaferro's Truth in Advertising.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
There are many effects out there that do cause a selected card to vanish from the deck. One of the easiest and commercially available effects I know of is Feilder's Fire. With some work I could see you using a blank deck with it.

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys. I should elaborate, Jay Sankey's effect and Drawing a Blank are great. Maybe I should record a video of the raw trick. I plan on creating a full routine based off of Hypnosis to suggest that they see a card.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'd have to see it. All too often I see a magician throw a suggestion or two into a routine and call it hypnosis and the audience just ignores that aspect entirely. As in, they know it's a lie and they just dismiss everything about it off hand. But that's not an impossible angle to use, obviously.

Personally, I would just hypnotize them outright and make it happen that way.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA

One of my Adam Wilber videos (Working Man maybe?) has an effect where two spectators select cards and hold them. When the selections are named, both spectators name the same card. When they show their cards, both are blank. When the deck is examined, it's blank as well. Neither the selected card nor any others are found anywhere. "White Memory" is what that's called, I think.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results