Saturday Night Contest - Fool Us Tonight!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! If you caught this week's episode of Expose, you would know that Dan White performed on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to promote The Magician at The NoMad and absolutely KILLED it. His performance left not only Jimmy Fallon himself completely fooled, but everyone that tuned in across the nation (millions of people)! We are using his performance as inspiration for this week's challenge.

Imagine you had the opportunity to come on the Tonight Show and perform one effect to fool the nation. This challenge is simple, direct, and has one goal in mind: fool us. The challenge this week is to make a video demonstrating ANY magic effect you desire - but the goal, and the contest, is who can fool US - the judging panel - the most.

The rules: you have 24 hours to make your video, demonstrating your effect. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and posted in response to this forum thread on or before 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, April 19th.

Specifics: your effect does NOT have to be practical. It could be something that only works once, when the stars are aligned and at the most narrow camera angle imaginable. But it does have to be REAL, with no video editing or special effects. What the camera sees should be faithful to the human eye.

The winner this week will take home 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 Decks of NoMad Playing Cards! The winner will be decided by our judging panel on which video, overall, leaves us speechless. The most deceptive, creative or original takes home the prize!

Go for it - get to it and this week, you just might fool us!

Dec 31, 2014
This is probably one of the coolest contest magic contest ideas ever, so I definitely didn't want to miss out! SO me and my best friend stopped by at walmart, bought a new deck and filmed my performance of the Triumph right there! I really hope you all like it! The trick is called "Open Triumph" by Dani DaOrtiz. When I first saw it I was blown away, so I'm really hoping you all love it as much as I do! Good luck to everybody in this contest! Here is my youtube link to the performance video:

Jan 12, 2014
Here's an idea of manipulation that I had this week between two study periods . It's not perfect, but with more practice I think it'll be good. hope you enjoy

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Here is my entry. This is an original trick of mine that I have been performing at shows and for friends for the last few months. The spectator gets to examine and keep the card at the end of the effect.

Alz

Jan 18, 2014
Latvia
My camera broke, so i did a little editing with easy mathematical trick :)

P.S Sorry for not great quality

Good luck to everyone!

Sep 16, 2011
Hi, Here is my entry-

If you are not familiar with the 2nd trick you might think she is in on it. I swear she is not. If you want, you can contact me and ill give you a little more info on the trick(not the method, but enough to confirm its not set-up)

Reactions: Coldflower
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results