Saturday Night Contest - Real Superpower

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys, hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Yesterday afternoon, we released two major projects - both of which were years in the making. One of them was BREAK by Uday Jadugar - the most clean and natural coin bend ever devised. Break uses real metal, real currency, truly bent and broken at your fingertips. I instantly fell in love with it, and my first thought was "seriously, this is like having a REAL superpower."

Inspired by that thought, your mission tonight is to make a video that could convince others that YOU genuinely possess superhuman abilities. You have one video to prove it. The more fair, the more incredible, the better. What would you do if you REALLY had superpowers? You wouldn't do an Ambitious Card Routine or sponge balls. What would you do? Move an object with your mind? Make something float? Levitate? Cause a candle to ignite - or extinguish, on demand? Present ANY effect with any method (new or old) you'd like - the more believable and the more creative, the better.

Film and upload your performance to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 31st. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What will you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and BREAK by Uday Jadugar, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world. Can't wait to see what you guys can do. Make it happen!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Any editing allowed ?

So, there's a spec in the video ?
Editing is fine as long as the method of your effect doesn't depend on editing. Clever camera angles and such are totally fair game. No spectator required for this one. Good luck, everyone!

Dec 19, 2009
Cutting things in half with a thin piece of card seems superpower esque to me, the superhero gambit does exactly that. Only id do it with fruit and stuff.

Dec 19, 2014
Fire bending !!!
ahahaha, sorry it's quite uncontrolled, i am on my second grade in Element Academy so.. yeah.. i'll try to make it perfect next time .. just hope to get a scholarship for continuing next year
Here's the video
or
JK

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Cutting things in half with a thin piece of card seems superpower esque to me, the superhero gambit does exactly that. Only id do it with fruit and stuff.
I think the challenge here is to do the impossible and make it believable. While cutting things with thrown cards is cool, it doesn't give off a "superhuman vibe". There's a lot of people out there who are also that good at card throwing.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
If I have real superpower, I would use it to help bring back stolen goods by switching one object for another without the suspect noticing :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results