Media comments glitch

Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
I just noticed when posting a comment on a video in the Media section of the website, when I posted the comment it showed up, but it says "4 hours ago". Now, I have been working on my time travel abilities and they're a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure I didn't jump 4 hours.

If it's any help I am using a mobile browser on a Windows 8.1 phone, in the UK, timezone set to GMT.

Edit: Should have taken a screenshot as when I reloaded the page the correct time was displayed, so at least the database entry is correct, just some bug in the Ajax/Javascript/whatever is triggering the posting without a page reload. Hope this helps.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I just noticed when posting a comment on a video in the Media section of the website, when I posted the comment it showed up, but it says "4 hours ago". Now, I have been working on my time travel abilities and they're a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure I didn't jump 4 hours.

If it's any help I am using a mobile browser on a Windows 8.1 phone, in the UK, timezone set to GMT.

Edit: Should have taken a screenshot as when I reloaded the page the correct time was displayed, so at least the database entry is correct, just some bug in the Ajax/Javascript/whatever is triggering the posting without a page reload. Hope this helps.
Sounds like a minor problem, especially if it goes away when refreshed. Perhaps you should experiment and see if the problem persists with new comments or if it was a one time occurrence.

Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
Yes Bryant, you are correct, it is a very minor problem. However, as a developer myself I want to know about even the tiniest of glitches, no matter how inconsequential it may be.

I would experiment with different scenarios to see if the glitch repeats itself but I don't want to be spamming the comments section, hence why I reported it and provided the details that I could.

Mark

Lead Sourcerer // theory11
Jul 23, 2007
USA
www.theory11.com
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Leigh. It looks like media timestamps are all EST which would cause some confusion for our friends across the pond. Will get this sorted out and timezones localized very soon. Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results