What's on your pre-Christmas August list?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Magic. Cardistry. Multimedia. Easy peazy.

Let's do this.

What is 'next in line' in your line of magic, Cardistry, deck collecting and/or competitive car-washing purchases for the next month or so?

I'll start. I'm poor right now, so the only way I'm going to be able to afford anything is by sneaking pay drive-thrus and picking up whatever change I can find.

Magic: Spreadwave. I found a Japanese Spreadwave, and I think it would be hilarious to do both of them together.

Tenyo: Tenyo-Ism. The book will run me down $300 deep and I'm not sure how I'm going to find the funds for it

Cardistry: IPhone adapter stand. I'm absolutely tired of jerry-rigging my camera phone in odd ways. For one contest, I caked the back of my phone with poster putty and stuck it to a wall. I need a better way of doing business.

What's in your wish list, folks?

Dec 31, 2014
Well, my birthday is this Sunday, so I have a little money to spend.

Magic: Daniel Garcia Project Volume 6. There are a lot of cool tricks and sleights in that DVD that I would like. The Tic Tac effect is my favorite.
Angle Z. I feel like this is an amazing torn and restored effect that I would like. I don't have one yet, so it will be a new experience.

Cardistry: I finally found a good DVD that I would like. Solo by Micheal James. I was trying to find a DVD by Andrei Jikh that wasn't Genesis, but I couldn't find anything, so if you know of something please tell me.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign

Well, happy early birthday!

Well
Cardistry: I finally found a good DVD that I would like. Solo by Micheal James. I was trying to find a DVD by Andrei Jikh that wasn't Genesis, but I couldn't find anything, so if you know of something please tell me.

Well, outside of Genesis. All I know of are a few tutorials here and there. There's the tutorial for 'Backpack which goes for $5 on this site. It's a crazy concept and worth your time if you're willing to put the work (and dropped cards) into it.
And the Cardistry-con bundle has Andrei's 'Turbinem flourish. Otherwise known as the 'one card window spinny thing'. Plus the bundle will probably have a few things in there you'll want to learn.

Options, man!

Reactions: LukeFlourishes

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I have a running list of magic that I'd like to own. With many of these I know the methods and I have handled the props but I either need the gimmick or owe it to the author to purchase their effect before I begin performing it on a regular basis. Here's my list in no order.

Paul Harris, Water Works
Twilight Angels Refills
Lubor's Lense
True Astonishment Box Set
Art of Astonishment Volume 1 and 3

Gregory Wilson, Revolution
Switchcraft

Axel Hecklau, Just a Cup

Chris Weihl, All Will be Consumed

Jamie D. Grant, Anything is Possible Bottle
Industrial Revelation (Or Matchbox Penetration)

Any of Jim Steinmeyer's lecture notes
All six Impuzzlbilities books
The Conjurer's Anthology

Almost any DVD set from the Essential Magic Collection (Not their single tricks, with the exception of Stolen Cards and the Card Puzzle)

Leonardo Milanesi, Ultracinese

2 Nice mens finger rings

Steve Seguins, Chairs

Steve Fearson, Zenith Rising Sharpie

A Straight Jacket

6 Nice Fold Up Chairs

Head Microphone and an amp

A new nice fold up table

A new camera tripod

Last edited:
Reactions: RealityOne
Dec 31, 2014
Well, happy early birthday!

Well, outside of Genesis. All I know of are a few tutorials here and there. There's the tutorial for 'Backpack which goes for $5 on this site. It's a crazy concept and worth your time if you're willing to put the work (and dropped cards) into it.
And the Cardistry-con bundle has Andrei's 'Turbinem flourish. Otherwise known as the 'one card window spinny thing'. Plus the bundle will probably have a few things in there you'll want to learn.

Options, man!
Thank you! I will look at the cardistry con bundle.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I recently moved all of my magic books and DVDs from my old room to my current room, and holy cow. I have a lot of stuff! Didn't realize how much I had until I saw all of it at once. But, as you all know, we all crave more. I recently picked up Arthur by my friend Chris Wiehl, and some Walking Liberty Half Dollars to practice and perform some coin magic, but as to what I'm wanting over the next few months, this is what I have in mind:

1. Obviously all of our future releases, but I cannot give info on those. Like Lyle, that will make me broke as well. :p
2. The Magic Way by Juan Tamariz
3. Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz
4. Blomberg Laboratories by Tomas Blomberg and Andi Gladwin

I'm also quite interested in Japan Ingenious by Richard Kaufman and Steve Cohen. It definitely piques my curiosity.

Reactions: Josh Burch

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I recently moved all of my magic books and DVDs from my old room to my current room, and holy cow. I have a lot of stuff! Didn't realize how much I had until I saw all of it at once. But, as you all know, we all crave more. I recently picked up Arthur by my friend Chris Wiehl, and some Walking Liberty Half Dollars to practice and perform some coin magic, but as to what I'm wanting over the next few months, this is what I have in mind:

1. Obviously all of our future releases, but I cannot give info on those. Like Lyle, that will make me broke as well. :p
2. The Magic Way by Juan Tamariz
3. Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz
4. Blomberg Laboratories by Tomas Blomberg and Andi Gladwin

I'm also quite interested in Japan Ingenious by Richard Kaufman and Steve Cohen. It definitely piques my curiosity.

Man I forgot Tamariz, Eric Mead and Michael Webber

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
A new Brushed Stainless Steel Zombie Ball and stand from Rings and Things
Both Zombie Reanimated DVDs by Jeb Sherrill
Zombie (book) by Al Schneider

Sands of the Desert (sands and color changing chemicals)
A Glass Bowl for Sands of the Desert
Glass Bud Vases fof Sands of the Desert
A Black Hand Towel for Sands of the Desert

2 Menu Covers
1 Waiter's Clipboard
A Couple of Pads of Restarurant Order Sheets
1 Royal Blue Round Table Cloth
2 Black Napkins

The Magic Way - Juan Tamaritz
The Performance of Close Up Magic - Eugene Burger
Spirit Theatre - Eugene Burger
Mysteries of My Life - Rene Levand
Nothing but Mystery - Jim Steinmeyer

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Tenyo: Tenyo-Ism. The book will run me down $300 deep and I'm not sure how I'm going to find the funds for it

It is $250 on Kauffman & Co.'s Website: http://kaufman.geniimagazine.com/booksandtapes.html

Paul Harris, Water Works
Twilight Angels Refills
Lubor's Lense
True Astonishment Box Set
Art of Astonishment Volume 1 and 3

If my memory is correct, the Twilight Angels cards and the gimmick for Lubor's Lens are included in the Art of Astonishment Box Set along with a couple of other gimmicks. I think that AoA has a lot of great material, but the perfomances (which are by Bro Gilbert) and teaching (which is silent with captions) are not the best. Most of the material is in the TA set. That being said, the Easter Eggs are great and there is some new handling of the effects. I would get the TA books before the AoA DVDs.

P
Any of Jim Steinmeyer's lecture notes
All six Impuzzlbilities books
The Conjurer's Anthology

Conjuring Anthology is my favorite book (and two of my parlor show effects are from there and there are several more that I am considering performing). The Impuzzabilities books are interesting and fun, but a lot of the effects feel like puzzles and several are variations on a theme. My favorite effect from that set is The Magician That Fools Himself. I also like Artificial Conclusions and love Technique and Understanding. As you know, I'm a big Steinmeyer fanboy.

Whoever in this thread that has the most juice needs to relay a message to August-Santa that I need Lary Haas: Transformations & a Card Duck!

Transformations is great and I also would love a card duck. Not that I'd every use it in a performance, but I"m sure I could just spend hours playing with it.

Reactions: Lyle Borders

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
If my memory is correct, the Twilight Angels cards and the gimmick for Lubor's Lens are included in the Art of Astonishment Box Set along with a couple of other gimmicks.

I can confirm this. Not a lot of Twilight Angels cards, but a few. Lubor's Lens gimmick is there too.

I think that AoA has a lot of great material, but the perfomances (which are by Bro Gilbert) and teaching (which is silent with captions) are not the best. Most of the material is in the TA set. That being said, the Easter Eggs are great and there is some new handling of the effects. I would get the TA books before the AoA DVDs.

The True Astonishment box set is amazing, but the Art of Astonishment book serious is all but essential. I bought the box set and won a signed book set as a result. No complaints!

// L

kardwell146

Elite Member
Dec 12, 2008
amazing lists so far have to get out my pen and think what to ask Santa for
so far all I want for Christmas is : Break .......
have to think

Jul 9, 2014
Revolution by Greg Wilson, Selenium Shift, and seer by mark calabrese. My birthday is September 7 so I will also get a bit of money then. I'm also really hyped for Blake Vogt's invisble card.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
For magic I'd have to say Blake Vogt's Invisible card. It looks interesting, the only thing that may hold me back is price (since it has a gimmick instead of just a download).

Cardistry list is empty. I may pick up some cardistry tutorials close to Christmas otherwise I might as well save up for the next virts deck.

Card collecting. I would go for some black Tycoons but I have a feeling I should aim for the other deck release t11 vaguely mentioned as I think I know what it is. The only drawback is that it would probably be very pricey (if it is what I think it is). Still have my 4 bricks of monarchs on the back burner.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm a big Steinmeyer fanboy.

Yep, me too :) Nothing but Mystery was really great in my opinion. I have added the Six Chair Concert and Three Ball test to my parlor show. The Three Ball Test fooled me the first few times I read it and it has been a very successful piece and the Six Chair Symphony has closed my last two shows with great success. The book includes the magician who fools himself as well. I've been able to try out almost every routine in the book thanks to the scarcity of props. I really think that the 3 Ball Test is one of the best audience pieces of magic out there, in my eyes it is on the same level as the 9 card trick used by Copperfield and others that Steinmeyer also popularized.

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013

Magic: Daniel Garcia Project Volume 6. There are a lot of cool tricks and sleights in that DVD that I would like. The Tic Tac effect is my favorite.
Angle Z. I feel like this is an amazing torn and restored effect that I would like. I don't have one yet, so it will be a new experience.

There is few downloads for Andrei on the WIRE and they are pretty cool.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results