Saturday Night Contest - Impossible Location

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are enjoying your weekend! In case you missed it, we released Double Cross by Mark Southworth last night. This effect was performed backstage at The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon by none other than Dan White, and the reaction was simply amazing. You can view that performance in the media section.

Double Cross is an effect in which a permanent mark on the palm of YOUR hand transfers to your spectator's hand - while their fist is completely closed! It's completely self-contained, there is no reset, and it can be performed surrounded. There's nothing you need to prepare beforehand - just throw the pen in your pocket and you can perform it all night long.

This week's contest is inspired by the idea of making something vanish and making it re-appear at an impossible location. For example, you can make a card vanish and make it reappear inside a card box, or vanish an earring and make it appear on your ear. The possibilities are endless - the choice is completely up to you.

Film your video performance and post it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST Sunday, August 23rd. You have 24 hours to enter! After time is up, our panel of judges will go through submissions and decide on a winner. We are judging based on creativity, execution, and overall performance. So make sure you practice your effect before posting!

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points and Double Cross by Mark Southworth, shipped to you on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to your submissions. Good luck!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I made something but it is really lame, debating whether or not to submit it. :cool:

Give it a try! I'm trying to mash a few ideas together. It's a convoluted mess right now and I'm trying to simplify the whole thing. But its all in the name of fun. I mean, I'm a TERRIBLE magic engineer on video

I'm actually a bit surprised that there are ZERO videos up to this point.

When the meds wear down a bit, I'll start working in them again and see where I can get without a magic flash

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I was going to sit this one out but late last night I had an idea. It actually looks like something that's very practical, so I'm going to continue to practice it and try it out at my next gig. I think it will be great to have the participant mark it and then have them tear it out of the layers.

Reactions: DeLunar and Alz
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results