Tonight's Episode of Fool Us

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
To all of you who caught tonight's episode of Fool Us, what did you think?

(spoilers below if you have not seen it)

Blake absolutely killed it. I've seen versions of linking rings that use cards but never dollar bills. I, for one, was completely fooled. Just insanity; very clever working behind it.

Joshua Jay was my other favorite of the night. Haven't seen an effect quite like that before - the fact that there was no deck switch makes it even more amazing. I have no explanation!

Tonight's episode was one of my favorites simply because of those two effects. What were your reactions? Would love to hear what you thought about the routines!

Jul 9, 2014
Joshua Jay is just hands down the best. I was lucky enough to see him lecture and he performed the trick he did tonight live for us. It's the closest you can get to real magic. As for Blake's effect I wasn't really blown away by it. I mean it was great and it fooled me for sure, but theres something about linking cards, bills, and even rings that don't appeal to me for some reason.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Joshua Jay is just hands down the best. I was lucky enough to see him lecture and he performed the trick he did tonight live for us. It's the closest you can get to real magic. As for Blake's effect I wasn't really blown away by it. I mean it was great and it fooled me for sure, but theres something about linking cards, bills, and even rings that don't appeal to me for some reason.

I don't really like the linking rings either, but Blake's effect is the only one I actually love. I don't think Penn and Teller knew how he did it either. I genuinely think Blake fooled them. I don't consider "we know you are a crafty gimmick maker" as an explanation. To me, they had no genuine idea but didn't want to admit it. They even examined it thoroughly and found nothing. Oh well, the effect was great!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I LOVED the episode, it was probably the best I've seen so far. I love Ben and Levent's routines as well as Blakes and Joshua Jay's. I have seen Josh perform that trick before and knew that there was not a switch so it really threw me off when Penn started to suggest it. I think it confused Josh Jay as well, judging by his reaction to Penn's hints.

I've been hearing a few things about Joshua's performance, so I looked it up on Youtube (as I don't live in the US).

I thought I knew where Josh's trick was going (having seen a similar trick by John Lovick), then he turned over the actual 4 of diamonds and I was stumped.

Fantastic bit of magic.

I think Blake more or less told them how it was done in the past, I think he just wanted to come on the show for the sake of it.

Joshua Jay was amazing, if I remember correctly he taught that same trick on "talk about tricks" but it might've been a newer version.

Ben Seidman was my favorite. Very few magicians are genuinely entertaining, even less when you take away the magic. But he was so good I would buy a ticket to his stand up comedy.

Jul 9, 2014
I think Blake more or less told them how it was done in the past, I think he just wanted to come on the show for the sake of it.

Joshua Jay was amazing, if I remember correctly he taught that same trick on "talk about tricks" but it might've been a newer version.

Ben Seidman was my favorite. Very few magicians are genuinely entertaining, even less when you take away the magic. But he was so good I would buy a ticket to his stand up comedy.
In the original "Talk About Tricks" version, the card he flips over is blank, not the thought of card. So definitely a better, and newer version!

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
I too though it was one of the best episodes of the season. I've seen a lot of Penn and Teller (Vegas and Broadway), so I was happy to see their trick at the end because I'd never seen it before.

Blake and Josh were already two of my favorite magicians, and I found Ben's routine to be very entertaining.

Reactions: Josh Burch

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Let's not forget Levent! The sympatheic silks is one of the silliest "magic" tricks out there. It just doesn't seem very magical to me, the way it was presented though was a ton of fun and Jonathon Ross clearly enjoyed it.

Reactions: Lyle Borders
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results