Help with gaffs

Oct 17, 2007
I was looking to buy a couple of gaffed coins for hannukah-- boo yah --and was wondering what the most versatile gaffs are and where you would recommend getting them. I know that the routine should come before the gaff, so I would like to say that as an owner of coinone I am already on the lookout for a good coin shell set. Thanks for your opinions!

I got my soft walking liberty expanded shell set from Jamie Schoolcraft.

Other things to consider. A good quality Copper Silver coin, some English pennies and maybe some chinese coins.

Sep 24, 2007
a shell and a copper/silver is all that most effects call for. Unless you want a flipper. or a tripple threat. or a hundred variations of an okito box. or a ramsay stack. or a karate coin. or a-

I'm getting ahead of myself. a shell and a copper/silver should do you fine

Jul 19, 2008
I was looking to buy a couple of gaffed coins for hannukah-- boo yah --and was wondering what the most versatile gaffs are and where you would recommend getting them. I know that the routine should come before the gaff, so I would like to say that as an owner of coinone I am already on the lookout for a good coin shell set. Thanks for your opinions!

Here's something of a gaff that you may not have considered. I attended the IBM/SAM combined convention this year. There was a fellow from the UK named Craig Petty. He was doing some coin effects with this little velvet bag that absolutely floored me. So impressed I was that I bought his DVD with the little bag included. I lived with this little bag for a week to perfect this one particular routine. I used it at my restaurant this evening, and it killed. To reveal the workings of the bag would be exposure. Suffice it to say you can do some truly magical effects with this innocent looking bag and ungimmicked coins. The DVD is called "Attack of the Bag" by Craig Petty. His website is www.worldmagicshop.co.uk. If you do get the DVD, try this first: examine the bag to see if you can find anything suspicious about it. I couldn't, and actually thought I received an incorrect bag with my DVD. Only until I saw the DVD did I realize the genius of this bag. The coin bag is not new, but I think Mr. Petty's approach is. I hope you check it out. You won't regret it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results