Smartphone apps in magic routines

Aug 6, 2015
Hello everyone!

Lately I've been seeing many professional magicians using smartphone apps in their routines.
Browsing Apple's app store I've found many magic apps but it seemed to me that most of them where just simple tricks you can only use to entertain your little brother at most :). Do you guys know if there's any professional magic app that you can get at the app store? I mean, the ones you can actually use in real shows.

If yes, which ones would you recomend? I would also like to know how was the feedback you've got from using them in live performances, tips, and anything you could add to the matter.

Thanks in advanced

Aug 6, 2015
Hi green_wizard. I've started using smartphone apps in my performances for almost one year now. The ones I like the most are those you can incorporate as part of a trick you already know. Personally I don't like when the entire trick is going on inside the screen as it takes attention away from your routine.

I would recommend you the one I'm using in my shows lately. It's called Magic Card Reveal. What I like the most about this app is the fact that you can use it with freely selected cards (not only forced cards as most of the apps work with).

Tip:
As you can read in one of the app's screenshots (I'm not breaking any rules ;)), just by a single touch on the screen you tell your phone which card you want to make appear.

I think the best way to use it is to make that subtle touch when you are grabbing your phone and immediately give it to your spectator so he can place it on top of the deck. That's the way I use it most of the times.

You can also use it like the guy in the video does, swiping in many places on the screen to show your phone is off. But I think the way I use it arouses less suspicion.

Good luck.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
For android, Mikael Montier has some absolutely mind blowing apps as well as Greg Rostami, he has some super practical magic and I do believe it runs on both Android and IOS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results