which deck?

Sep 10, 2015
I want to buy either the bicycle vintage deck, or the bicycle ghost deck.
wich one do you guys recommend me?

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Blue JAQK! Grab some now while there is some left!

I do not own the Bicycle Vintage Deck, but it is very nice. I do own both colors of ghost deck. I like them a lot, nice black and white popping contrast, handles great. I would say:
Cardistry: black ghost, definitely.
Magic: Vintage or white ghost in that order. Vintage will feel more natural for the audience. White ghost should work well too, even though the audience might take a split second more to distinguish between "red" and black suits, but the ghost deck is definitely cooler than the Vintage.

But that's just my opinion. Take whichever you like best.

Reactions: YourPermanentGuest

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I want to buy either the bicycle vintage deck, or the bicycle ghost deck.
wich one do you guys recommend me?

The vintage deck is a pretty sweet deck, all of the cards are marked which opens the doors to a lot of great magic

Sep 10, 2015
Blue JAQK! Grab some now while there is some left!

I do not own the Bicycle Vintage Deck, but it is very nice. I do own both colors of ghost deck. I like them a lot, nice black and white popping contrast, handles great. I would say:
Cardistry: black ghost, definitely.
Magic: Vintage or white ghost in that order. Vintage will feel more natural for the audience. White ghost should work well too, even though the audience might take a split second more to distinguish between "red" and black suits, but the ghost deck is definitely cooler than the Vintage.

But that's just my opinion. Take whichever you like best.
well the jaqk deck is pretty difficult since I live in the netherlands, and don't own a creditcard... ill keep looking for a place too buy them in the netherlands ^^

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
well the jaqk deck is pretty difficult since I live in the netherlands, and don't own a creditcard... ill keep looking for a place too buy them in the netherlands ^^

I understand that. You never know what you might find in a magic shop. I went to France last spring, and got into a magic shop, and found they still had some Rarebit Coppers. The clerk did not even know they were limited and no longer available... and recently saw in a local shop some Sentinels and Jerry's Nuggets for like 7 and 35$ respectively.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign

Agh! It's always the over-the-pond shipping that becomes the deal breaker.

Contests, man! Contests. Just go all out for the next month. Next contest is more than likely going to be a magic-related one. Gear up and get JAQK-ed

Sorry, that was a bit lame. How much is shipping to the Netherlands? I figure it couldn't be more than $10 for a deck, right?

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Jun 22, 2008
earth
If by vintage you mean the 1800 series from Elluisionist, I'd strongly advise not to buy them, I personally hate them, completely regret buying them. They do look great but they will start to clump super fast, it's not a long lasting deck, I think it's due to all the ink. The ghost deck lasts way longer, there is less ink on them. That being said, cards are cards, unless you are going to collect them there is no real point in spending extra on a deck, laymen will question exotic looking decks. If you are up for spending a bit more on a deck than a standard bicycle deck I'd recommend the Expert Card Company, no crooked printing/cutting, they have proper quality control unlike Uspcc, I think you may need to order them online though. However, for easy availability just get a standard Bicycle or Tally Ho, Tally's last a long time for me, they are almost half the price of vintage or ghost.

Sep 10, 2015
If by vintage you mean the 1800 series from Elluisionist, I'd strongly advise not to buy them, I personally hate them, completely regret buying them. They do look great but they will start to clump super fast, it's not a long lasting deck, I think it's due to all the ink. The ghost deck lasts way longer, there is less ink on them. That being said, cards are cards, unless you are going to collect them there is no real point in spending extra on a deck, laymen will question exotic looking decks. If you are up for spending a bit more on a deck than a standard bicycle deck I'd recommend the Expert Card Company, no crooked printing/cutting, they have proper quality control unlike Uspcc, I think you may need to order them online though. However, for easy availability just get a standard Bicycle or Tally Ho, Tally's last a long time for me, they are almost half the price of vintage or ghost.
I wont have too worry about laymen asking about my cards, because I mostly do cardistry.
But i´ll keep it in mind ^^

Sep 10, 2015
Agh! It's always the over-the-pond shipping that becomes the deal breaker.

Contests, man! Contests. Just go all out for the next month. Next contest is more than likely going to be a magic-related one. Gear up and get JAQK-ed

Sorry, that was a bit lame. How much is shipping to the Netherlands? I figure it couldn't be more than $10 for a deck, right?
I dont mind paying for the shipping, its just that i dont have a creditcard or paypal... so i have no way of paying at all. but ill keep the contests in mind ^^

Jun 22, 2008
earth
I wont have too worry about laymen asking about my cards, because I mostly do cardistry.
But i´ll keep it in mind ^^

Ok, then ghost's will be the better option, you'll be able to fan them far longer than you could with a vintage deck and single cards separation withing flourishes will also be better with the ghosts.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah

I really haven't had the same issue. My ghosts have clumped just as much as any other deck. The colors throw me off with the ghost decks and I prefer the story you can tell behind the vintage decks. Plus they are marked very clearly and the mark is hidden very carefully.

Jun 22, 2008
earth
I really haven't had the same issue. My ghosts have clumped just as much as any other deck. The colors throw me off with the ghost decks and I prefer the story you can tell behind the vintage decks. Plus they are marked very clearly and the mark is hidden very carefully.

My stock of vintage's and ghost's date back 6 years, they aren't marked, likely have a different stock or ink amount compared to now, the ghost stock may well have changed over the years too. I agree, the colors on the ghost are odd, however in the case of being used only for flourishes that's not much of an issue, so it's really just an individual choice of looks :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
My stock of vintage's and ghost's date back 6 years, they aren't marked, likely have a different stock or ink amount compared to now, the ghost stock may well have changed over the years too. I agree, the colors on the ghost are odd, however in the case of being used only for flourishes that's not much of an issue, so it's really just an individual choice of looks :)

Man that's too bad :/ My ghost deck is pretty old too so that could be some of its problems as well. Here are some examples of the vintage markings depending on your deck. I think you're right though, I don't think they have all been marked.

BTS043.00_01_56_23.Still013_grande.jpg

1800_1_3.jpg

I love how they are completely hidden yet completely easy to see. As a side note, I'd only ever use these in magic, never to cheat with, for a whole bunch of reasons.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results