Magnetic Ring

Mar 17, 2015
I bought a magnetic ring the other day, and I was wondering if there were any other tricks with it I can do (besides penetration tricks and disappearing coin). Does anyone know any? Also, does anyone know how to make a magnetic coin disappear without such a loud clinking noise?

As a magnetic ring owner myself I would say if your in to the whole white gloves thing then where it under your gloves, or you could get some soft one side stick foam thing and put it on your palm side of the ring. I own a master ring by the way (by John Altpeter) I know the guy hes really cool. Anyways If you have anymore questions I would love too answer them, ok good luck

Mar 17, 2015
As a magnetic ring owner myself I would say if your in to the whole white gloves thing then where it under your gloves, or you could get some soft one side stick foam thing and put it on your palm side of the ring. I own a master ring by the way (by John Altpeter) I know the guy hes really cool. Anyways If you have anymore questions I would love too answer them, ok good luck
Sadly, yesterday I was performing the ring thing and it flew off and broke:(. I plan on at least making a valid attempt to fix it (any advice would be appreciated) but thanks anyways

Jun 3, 2015
Ya U can do haunted deck, penetrating coin threw deck, make fork move, coin in bottle ,much much more check out U tube for more

I highly recommend not moving a fork, because its a dead giveaway, a magnetic ring is something that can be used for some awesome effects, but moving a fork tells the audience member that the ring you decided to start wearing the other day is magnetic. If you can find it cap through bottle, would be good and coin through bottle is also a good one. I have done a cap through bottle trick in Mexico and it worked out brilliantly. Anyways a coin matrix variation could be and has been done. Matter a fact I know the guy who made my ring really well and his ring was used in Pen and Teller fool us but he didn't fool them because they know about the ring themselves. Anyways back on track, haunted deck isn't done with a magnetic ring so you cant do that, and I have never heard of a penetrating coin through deck using a magnetic ring, but other than that Good Luck!

Jun 3, 2015
I highly recommend not moving a fork, because its a dead giveaway, a magnetic ring is something that can be used for some awesome effects, but moving a fork tells the audience member that the ring you decided to start wearing the other day is magnetic. If you can find it cap through bottle, would be good and coin through bottle is also a good one. I have done a cap through bottle trick in Mexico and it worked out brilliantly. Anyways a coin matrix variation could be and has been done. Matter a fact I know the guy who made my ring really well and his ring was used in Pen and Teller fool us but he didn't fool them because they know about the ring themselves. Anyways back on track, haunted deck isn't done with a magnetic ring so you cant do that, and I have never heard of a penetrating coin through deck using a magnetic ring, but other than that Good Luck!
Ive been performing haunted deck for 7 years in my shows they work great but U need to control the deck closer to the top ,I make my own magnet cards so card (s) don't stick to the magnet ring, store bought ones are not very good ,I also us my other hand as well with no magnetic ring ,so that takes the heat of the ring with an other gimmick that i created my self

Jun 3, 2015
Ive been performing haunted deck for 7 years in my shows they work great but U need to control the deck closer to the top ,I make my own magnet cards so card (s) don't stick to the magnet ring, store bought ones are not very good ,I also us my other hand as well with no magnetic ring ,so that takes the heat of the ring with an other gimmick that i created my self

Typically haunted decks are done with magicians thread so the whole concept of having a magnetic card in the deck is foreign to me, but why would you use a magnetic ring for that trick? You would literally have to put your hand really close to the deck for the magnet to attract. Why not just use some thread for a more dramatic effect? But in your defense magicians thread is preaty unreliable. Also I know how you would move the fork ( by using two hands) but still I woud never be comfortable doing that because theres only so many ways a fork could move by itself ( and most audience members know its thread, but if you prove otherwise what other conclusion could they conclude too? Anyways thats my opinion but if it works for then more power too you.

Jun 3, 2015
Typically haunted decks are done with magicians thread so the whole concept of having a magnetic card in the deck is foreign to me, but why would you use a magnetic ring for that trick? You would literally have to put your hand really close to the deck for the magnet to attract. Why not just use some thread for a more dramatic effect? But in your defense magicians thread is preaty unreliable. Also I know how you would move the fork ( by using two hands) but still I woud never be comfortable doing that because theres only so many ways a fork could move by itself ( and most audience members know its thread, but if you prove otherwise what other conclusion could they conclude too? Anyways thats my opinion but if it works for then more power too you.
Well heres the thing I've been using ITR and power reels and others for 11 years now ,but I found the lighting must be just right for close up performances so i started working with magnets ,so ya at first I was only using a P k ring and noticed someone with knowledge of magic would suspect a magnet are involve so as mention I use the other hand no rings in my hands no taped magnet to my hand can be visibly inspected back and front nothing to be seen at all ,it actually fools magicians don't get me wrong ,great effects can be done with ITR, its ok if don't understand after all I re created this in complete different version

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results