Left-Handed Cardistry Tutorials

Sep 20, 2015
Hey! Hashim here, and I wanted to know if I can find cardistry tutorials for lefties and if all tutorials made for righties can be done by lefties. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
i am a lefty too it doesn't really matter for me . just notice their hand in which they are holding the deck in dealer's grip and that automatically makes that hand their non-dominant hand and your right which is your non-dominant hand and the hand with which they are cutting packets or something is their dominant and your left . i use that trick to not confuse myself

Sep 20, 2015
I do that too. I also started mirroring videos before I watch them so its easier for me to tell what they're doing, especially if the flourish is complex/difficult. But I just wanted to know if any flourishes are more difficult to do for a lefty than a righty. Thanks!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I do that too. I also started mirroring videos before I watch them so its easier for me to tell what they're doing, especially if the flourish is complex/difficult. But I just wanted to know if any flourishes are more difficult to do for a lefty than a righty. Thanks!

I wouldn't say that there is anything harder in one hand or the other, assuming both hands are the same.

It's really just how one approaches a flourish, I think

Oct 24, 2015
Good Day, Hashim and Everyone

The way I've been practicing as a beginner [I'm Left-Handed, also], I'll learn the "Card Flourish" in whatever hand position the video on youtube is showing then I'll practice for a few mins or reps, I prefer reps for example the "Charlier Cut" - I'll practice 10 reps with my left-hand, my dominant hand, then after 10 reps, I'll switch to my right hand to do another 10 reps.

Cheers, Hashim!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey! Hashim here, and I wanted to know if I can find cardistry tutorials for lefties and if all tutorials made for righties can be done by lefties. Thanks!

If the camera is in front then it is fairly easy to mirror the actions of the teacher. If the teacher is left handed then its easier for a righty to mirror the teacher. If the camera is behind the the teacher, over the shoulder and such, it is more difficult to learn the cuts from the opposite hand.

At the end of the day, with many cuts there isn't a real handedness required. It is always good to build dexterity in both hands.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results