What Force is This?

Mar 27, 2011
Hi Guys,

I thought I remember seeing a force where a spectator was asked to "see a card" as the magician quickly riffled the deck. It was similar to the peek but the spectator never calls stop, they just see the card (which is a forced card). I'm sorry if this is a poor description, does anyone know if this is a real thing and where it might be taught?

Thanks!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hi Guys,

I thought I remember seeing a force where a spectator was asked to "see a card" as the magician quickly riffled the deck. It was similar to the peek but the spectator never calls stop, they just see the card (which is a forced card). I'm sorry if this is a poor description, does anyone know if this is a real thing and where it might be taught?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it has a specific name, especially when given there are many methods to accomplish the force, with gimmicks, setups, and off the cuff. I might call it a riffle glimpse force among friends but I really feel like it is so old and common that many magicians would claim to have created it.

Jul 30, 2015
Check out Theo Annemann's 202 Methods of Forcing. You will find at least one version of this there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results