Tiny Plunger: how do you like it?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right. This got put on my radar because Tenyo is releasing it in their 2016 line in a couple months. I checked out the actual trick and it looks...rather wacky and ripe for mayhem!

Since the original version is pretty much sold out everywhere except the UK (and the conversion to the Pound makes my wallet sad), I figure one of you lucky magicians have the Mathieu Bich version that cost $30-$40.

I do have a few questions regarding it (such as: 'can it work with other decks like...the Contraband deck? Because the compass in the middle looks like a target).

So how is it for you guys? Does it work and handle well? Is it worth it? Or is it another 'toilet trick'?

Jun 3, 2015
Tiny plunger is the best ever starts clean ends clean U can use any deck brand new even opened by spectator and best is at the end of the routine spectator picks the card they place in the deck and they shuffle and they can even use the plunger them self and produce there chosen card without U even handling the cards.

Jul 30, 2015
No special deck required. Perhaps the world's **** deck won't work, but that's not a problem since you're not working with that **** deck. Excellent routine. Minimal sleight required for full effect. Don't want the full effect (with minimal sleights?) No problem.

This effect is awesome. As a heads up, I didn't purchase this since I figured it out just by watching the routine and thinking about it. But if you can't do that, then absolutely purchase it. It's brilliant on so many levels. I'd like to say more, but I won't, since I feel that the originators of this effect deserve massive props.

I also feel that rickymag's contribution is incorrect or at least incomplete. I would rarely let a spectator wield the plunger, and if I were to let them wield it, the conditions under which they wielded it would be controlled by me. But there is no question that you won't go wrong by learning this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Sounds good! Tiny Plunger will stay on my 'want list' until after the holidays, it seems!
Gives me time to see if I can figure out the Tenyo Magic's version of 'Tiny Plunger' and see if different decks can be utilized with it.

The idea would utilize this in a children's hospital. I mean, what kid WOULDN'T want to use a tiny plunger in a magic trick, of all things? The big problem I COULD have is if a child touches the cards, which would then make the deck unusable. So that's a bit why I'm teetering on getting it, despite the amazing effect and humorous routine.

My goal would be to have a spectator sign a card and then find it with said plunger. Blank gaffs are just oh so fun to work with...and they get a parting gift. Stronger effect, I think.

I know what makes the original Tiny Plunger tick, and I'd honestly work on the sleights to make it look as flawless as possible. If it's worth picking up, it's worth going all the way with it. I know several things that the Tenyo version DOES NOT have, and that's throwing a bit of a kink into moving forward as the price difference between the two is significant.

Jun 3, 2015
Sounds good! Tiny Plunger will stay on my 'want list' until after the holidays, it seems!
Gives me time to see if I can figure out the Tenyo Magic's version of 'Tiny Plunger' and see if different decks can be utilized with it.

The idea would utilize this in a children's hospital. I mean, what kid WOULDN'T want to use a tiny plunger in a magic trick, of all things? The big problem I COULD have is if a child touches the cards, which would then make the deck unusable. So that's a bit why I'm teetering on getting it, despite the amazing effect and humorous routine.

My goal would be to have a spectator sign a card and then find it with said plunger. Blank gaffs are just oh so fun to work with...and they get a parting gift. Stronger effect, I think.

I know what makes the original Tiny Plunger tick, and I'd honestly work on the sleights to make it look as flawless as possible. If it's worth picking up, it's worth going all the way with it. I know several things that the Tenyo version DOES NOT have, and that's throwing a bit of a kink into moving forward as the price difference between the two is significant.
The little plunger is so cool there's no gimmick at all it's now my favorite I have think you love it

Jun 3, 2015
Oh by the way the deck I was using for the little plunger is over a year old, but it is better to use newer

Jun 3, 2015
Ya its more impressive to use a new deck ,don't worry to much about kids handling the cards it shouldn't effect it as long there's a good breather, keep in mind there's two different preparation for the breather, one is pre done the other is done in front of the spectators i personally prefer the pre done version its much stronger almost fail proof

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ya its more impressive to use a new deck ,don't worry to much about kids handling the cards it shouldn't effect it as long there's a good breather, keep in mind there's two different preparation for the breather, one is pre done the other is done in front of the spectators i personally prefer the pre done version its much stronger almost fail proof

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm trying to do this in a hospital, where sanitation issues are abound, then I'd be sort of okay with them handling the deck.

Jun 3, 2015
I use to work in emergency dept in a hospital for 5 year I no what U mean , I commend you for working in a hospital very HONORABLE ,as far as the cards with potential germs can't U use cheap ones like a buck or so that's what I use in my shows and just give them away at the end of your performance

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I use to work in emergency dept in a hospital for 5 year I no what U mean , I commend you for working in a hospital very HONORABLE ,as far as the cards with potential germs can't U use cheap ones like a buck or so that's what I use in my shows and just give them away at the end of your performance

Thank you for working the hospital emergency department. I cant even imagine what that would be like.

As for the cards. Yes, I could give them the deck. I'd just be in an odd position where one kid gets an entire deck of cards out of the deal and no one else does. I'll have to ask the hospital if I can go 'giveaways' as I figure there is a sort of liability that goes along with that.

I'm real back and forth about it, but I think it'd be one of those tricks where I perform it in the playroom and use a few 'hands-off' tricks. I don't think it'd kill me if I used a few of those.

Jun 3, 2015
well if u decide to get the little plunger make sure u get the video tutorial but if u dont for every reason dont worry ill give it to you

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
well if u decide to get the little plunger make sure u get the video tutorial but if u dont for every reason dont worry ill give it to you

Don't worry about it. Tenyo Magic just released their version of Tiny/Magic Plunger for a fraction of the price and no video instruction required :D

But I'll have to get it in January, thanks to the holidays :(
That'll give me plenty of time to mull it all over.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results