Being Creative.

Sep 1, 2014
Hello fellow cardist , I'm here wondering what do you guys do to create new and creative moves. I have been talking to other cardist and getting input on what they actually do to be creative and how they make their creative cuts, most of their input has been nice and helps a little but I would like more input and compare it to what other people say to come up with new cuts.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
to be honest i haven't published any trick on wire but i do have some original flourish that i have confidence on.
creating a new and unique flourish is somewhat tricky i guess.
but i made those flourish in a sense that i wanted to extend some of the flourishes that i knew -- that's a really nice trick to create a new flourish
and 2nd was that some time i just mixed 2 flourishes to make a new one -- that's a really generic way of creating flourish
and the 3rd and the most creative one is that -- to change the follow up of a certain trick all the best tricks i have ever seen are created like that for example phased by Tobias Levin is created by changing or tweaking the skater cut

hope i helped
keep up

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I'm trying to create moves and eventually publish them in the Wire. Don't make that your modus operandi. Your goal is to find your 'niche' and find yourself in the art.

Sounds crazy, but yes, there it is.

The first flourish I have made is one that I've been working on since January and I THINK I have something (I'm using Instagram as my barometer). But the flourishes I have made are representative of what I was going through at the time. Not that I wanted to make 'time-piece' flourishes. It just happened that way.

The flourish I'm working on first came out of a very bad place. I wanted to make a flourish that flat out HURT to work on and would frustrate everyone.

I'm almost a year into working on and it should be a doozy. But the hardest parts in working on the flourish are how to begin and how to end it. Having every movement in between MUST make sense and have a particular 'flow' to it.

It seems like A LOT of things must come together at once in order to make a flourish--at least for me, as a beginner, it does.

I wish I could perform things that look 'kind' and 'gentle'. Because the flourish I have (and two that are in the concept phase) are just 'mean', 'restrictive', and 'blocky'.

I hope this helps in some capacity. And good luck!

Jul 23, 2015
i tried to get a flourish posted on the wire, but it was not "original enough", and now i am looking for a way to put that first effect in another flourish, and i have high hopes! if your effect is turned down for the wire, try incorperating it into another that may not cut it, and watch it shine!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
i tried to get a flourish posted on the wire, but it was not "original enough", and now i am looking for a way to put that first effect in another flourish, and i have high hopes! if your effect is turned down for the wire, try incorperating it into another that may not cut it, and watch it shine!

Persistence! Good on you for keeping your work and your move alive. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results