will real T11 cards have flaw card like this?

Nov 4, 2015
The handling of the card is perfect. But there are just some cards look not precisely cut. Is this normal or it is a fake deck?

Attachments

• IMG_20151105_232142_1446736939973.jpg
    IMG_20151105_232142_1446736939973.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Zero_Five_Seven

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Likwacheng, this looks legit - our playing cards are printed on the same machines at the United States Playing Card Company that manufacture Bicycle, Bee, and Tally-Ho cards, and border thickness - particularly of a very thin-bordered deck - can very slightly. Usually, border thickness is more uniform than this, so I'll absolutely pass this example along to USPC to aid in continued improvement of border thickness precision. But yep - these look legit.

Jun 22, 2008
earth
100% legit, USPCC seems unable/unwilling to cut with precision, I've messaged them about it and they say there is always "minor variations...". In an age where nano scale manufacturing is possible the fact that they can't simply cut in a straight line, imo is shameful.

I don't think they are bothered one bit, this is not a new issue, but they have a monopoly in the card market so there is little incentive for them to up their standards. The only way they will change is if there are lots of complaints and/or more companies like T11 switch to Expert Playing Card Company (EPCC) for their cards. However, I've heard that we card magicians are a tiny customer base for USPCC, so it could very well be a futile effort. Personally, I am switching as soon as I deplete my stock of USPCC cards, that will take me another 8-10 months :)

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks for both of your explanation. What a sad thing that perfect card designs created by T11 cannot be perfectly printed. A lack of competition in the playing card industry really will hinder the betterment of card production technology

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results