Learning sleight of hand

Dopa

Elite Member
Oct 26, 2015
I just got into magic and i am wondering if it is better to learn 3,4 sleight of hand moves at the same time or 1 by 1?

Nov 10, 2014
One at a time, I am not that advanced yet, but one at a time, if you try to do more than one you will just get confused.

Dec 5, 2014
I'd say 1 at a time, but....I feel it's always better to learn the slight in the context of an effect. Nothing wrong with learning new slights, but if you have no application for the slight, then what was the purpose of learning that slight? Just to learn it?

Reactions: RealityOne

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Well don't go crazy with too many, but I always like to have more than one thing to work on. I get a little burned out on one, but I still want to practice so I move on to my 2nd or 3rd sleight I'm working on. I usually don't go more than 3 and the 3rd one gets rather little practice time. Find a trick that uses 2 sleights if you like, and practice them. Have a third slight you are working on for when you need a break from that. It probably depends on your personality, but this is what works for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results