Beautiful Magic Effects?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone!

I have been doing Card and coin magic for about 4 years now and i would now like to explore some other areas in magic. And i was wondering if some one has any advice on magic that is more beautifull to look at then a trick?

I have been thinking about Daniel garcias life, and the floating rose trick. Wjat do you think about them? Do any of you have any other advice? :)

Nov 25, 2007
Cyprus
Not exactly magic, but what about "Knapkin Rose" (Michael Mode)?

For those that don't know, its an Origami Rose you can make with a Knapkin. I will often make and give one away to a nice female spectator....they love it!:cool:

Christo

Nov 19, 2007
MD
I have been thinking about Daniel garcias life, and the floating rose trick. Wjat do you think about them? Do any of you have any other advice? :)

Wow - right when I saw the name of this thread I thought of the exact same effect. I don't have the effect, but from what I've seen it looks awesome and gets really, really great reactions.

Aug 31, 2007
I suggest learning some stage manipulation. With some great music, it can be one of the most beautiful things you can do in magic. I recommend Jeff McBride's DVDs. :)

John :cool:

I like Life by Garcia.. done in the right mood and ambience it is beautiful..

a buttefly production and a rose production is also in my opinion with a good back story is very beautiful.

Heck, beauty is what you make it..

Oct 25, 2007
Now that I think about it, making a magic trick "beautiful" seems kind of cheesy doesnt it? I mean, it would be like dressing up an R2D2 robot at a Star Wars convention in a tuxedo.

Its one thing to be at a starwars convention, and quite another thing to look rediculous even to their standards.

Therefore, just perform simple stuff. Dont overdo the presentation. People get bored with stories and cheesy add-ons

Dec 5, 2007
Now that I think about it, making a magic trick "beautiful" seems kind of cheesy doesnt it? I mean, it would be like dressing up an R2D2 robot at a Star Wars convention in a tuxedo.

Its one thing to be at a starwars convention, and quite another thing to look rediculous even to their standards.

Therefore, just perform simple stuff. Dont overdo the presentation. People get bored with stories and cheesy add-ons

So people gets bored with magicians like david copperfield? Who does some effects that i would call "beautifull"?

Oct 18, 2007
A really good effect is Daniel Madison's change. Pure magic, but I'm pretty sure the change will not be realesed, a pearl like that deserves to be keept secret.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results