Elevator Effects

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
I've been looking around researching and watching different "elevator" type effects. The one that strikes me the most is supposedly published in "The Lecture notes of Shigeo Futagawa". Does anybody know where I can get a copy?

Aug 31, 2007
I did some quick research on it, and it seems like those notes have been unavailable for years. Your best bet would be eBay.

Ray Kosby's "Raise Rise" accomplishes the almost the same effect, but with a face-down card. The name of the DVD which it is on escapes me at the moment though. :)

John :cool:

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
Ray Kosby's "Raise Rise" accomplishes the almost the same effect, but with a face-down card. The name of the DVD which it is on escapes me at the moment though. :)

Yeah, I've read about that one. It's on the "Impossible Card Magic" DVD. It's supposedly crazy hard to learn.

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, it is.

I checked on eBay, and those notes you mentioned weren't being sold anywhere. Sorry. :)

Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
I've been looking around researching and watching different "elevator" type effects. The one that strikes me the most is supposedly published in "The Lecture notes of Shigeo Futagawa". Does anybody know where I can get a copy?
Chris Kenner has an incredible elevator card effect called SW Elevator. I also remember "Raise Rise" being published in the first year of Mike Ammar's Magical Arts Journal. Chris did a lot of the illustrations for MAJ back in the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007

The same elevator that is in Futagawa's notes can also be learned on Zenneth Kok's DVD called The Zenneth Code. It's in the effect called "Explosion," which you can see a performance of here.

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
The same elevator that is in Futagawa's notes can also be learned on Zenneth Kok's DVD called The Zenneth Code. It's in the effect called "Explosion," which you can see a performance of here.

Wow, that's a crazy trick. I checked out the site you're right, it does incorporate Shigeo Futagawa's elevator move. I'll see about picking up that DVD and will just keep an eye out on e-bay for the original lecture notes.

Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
Yes, that's it. I have one of the original Out of Control/Totally Out of Control flip books, signed by Homer Liwag and Chris. I've seen Chris, Homer, and Brett Wolf perform the elevator at the legendary and now-closed Illusions Restaurant in Carmel, IN.

Whilst we're on the talk of "Elevator" effects, a brillaint routine sparks to mind by the name of "Inverted Elevator" - created by Robert Moreland. It is probably not what you're after, but definitely a great trick nonetheless. You can find it on The Session DVD by Alakazam Magic.

Have fun,
Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results