Passing Thru by Kevin Parker

C

clarrus

I was wondering if you guys know anything about this. I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything. Supposedly it's a super clean effect but one can never trust a salesmen.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
This is honestly the most visual coin in bottle I have ever seen or performed. It is very simple, and uses a simple gimmick. You end dirty but SO WHAT? tHE clean up is justified and natural and takes about 5 seconds. Now as with all of Kevin Parkers videos, the quality plain sucks. He makes horrible videos but I was able to learn what I needed. If you like the looks of the demo get it. This is one you will do in the mirror just to entertain yourself. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sep 4, 2007
Kevin is a creative force, but I am not fond of an effect where one the methods suggested, for getting clean, is running away...literally...run away from your spectators. It cracks me up because he uses this method on the DVD. The guys are looking at the bottle, trying to figure out what happened, and then they notice Kevin has taken off. They are like, "What the heck?".

Too dirty for me, in this case. Many tricks I do end dirty and require some cleaning...but I prefer those that only require a gentle scrubbing with a mild soap.

RJ

Sep 9, 2007
if this is the one i think it is, it's a great concept but ends way too dirty for my liking. if the gimmick were more concealable after the trick, I'd be all for it though.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Kevin is a creative force, but I am not fond of an effect where one the methods suggested, for getting clean, is running away...literally...run away from your spectators. It cracks me up because he uses this method on the DVD. The guys are looking at the bottle, trying to figure out what happened, and then they notice Kevin has taken off. They are like, "What the heck?".

Too dirty for me, in this case. Many tricks I do end dirty and require some cleaning...but I prefer those that only require a gentle scrubbing with a mild soap.

RJ

HAHAHA Oh man this is funny cause its so true. Honestly the clean up really isnt that bad, not to say its great. I dont perform this often at all but its fun to entertain yourself with it.

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Ok, for those of you considering purchasing it, let's clear a few things up that have been said:

1. The gimmick isn't "invisible." It's just made of an appropriate material (I'll leave it at that for the exposure-people....that would mean it could either be flesh colored, clear, etc... and leaves room for spectulation).

2. You end dirty. True. And while Kevin does "run away" in the preview, the clean-up is as empty as dumping the gimmick in a pocket or topit.

But is it visual? Absolutely. Even more so than factory sealed because the coin penetrates without any cover...ever. They see the coin and bottle in two seperate hands, they see the coin approach the bottle....and then they watch it penetrate without it ever leaving sight.

The gimmick is one you have to make, but it takes all of <10 minutes to make and you can get everything you need to make it for <$2.00.

It's actually pretty easy to do, but in the wrong lighting, the gimmick may or may not be more noticible. I've performed this a few times in the past, but don't really do it anymore. It ALWAYS gets a killer response.

Can you do it with a borrowed bottle? MAYBE under ideal circumstances, but pretty much, that's a "no." For the most part, you actually need to "prepare" the bottle before ever so much as approaching a crowd.

Is it impromptu? As said, it uses a gimmick, so no.

Is the gimmick reusable? Yep

Is the bottle examinable at the end? So much so that you can let them keep it.

It gains points for the visual-appeal and the impossibility of WATCHING the quarter literally melt through the bottle (the same is said of Factory Sealed, but again, it's not as visual as this). It looses points for the fact that you HAVE to use a gimmick...and it's really better if you approach the crowd with the bottle prepared.

Hope this helped clarify things :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results