Saturday Night Contest - Faking Sleeper

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, super tired so my grammar may not be perfect.

I ran into many setbacks over the course of my production and would like to give a rundown to show the dedication put into this project (that would otherwise go unnoticed).

I saw the contest posted around one minute after JB put it up.
Brainstormed for half an hour.
Filmed it in half an hour.
Attempted to upload to Google Drive in order to edit in imovie on the iPad.
Realized it would take around 7 hours with shoddy internet.
Spent next 7 hours monitoring uploads and arguing over the phone with my ISP.
Consumed a tasty dinner and waited for the videos to finish uploading (took closer to 9 hours to upload).
Realized that footage could not be downloaded to tablet, lost morale.
Decided to re-shoot and forego any special edits.
Re-shot entire video in lower 720p quality and uploaded straight to YouTube.
Waited three hours for new video clips to upload.
Combined in YouTube and waited another hour.
Posted to this forum at 4:22 AM, need sleep.

So yeah, I spent nearly 15 hours working on this SNC video in one way or another.

Thank you for listening to my rambling, I'll check for any grammar issues when my brain is functional again.

-Bryant

And this is exactly why I had zero interest in this contest.

Reactions: Justin.Morris

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results!

We had a great time going through each video and seeing all the crazy methods, whether it was somewhat realistic or just completely crazy. All in all, a lot of great entries this week to go through, and after some deliberation, we have decided on a winner.

This week, we were looking for a ridiculous, laughable method that was creative. There was one entry that stood out from the rest and that was from Beth G.(2). Congrats! Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

Thanks again to everyone who took on the challenge and helped fight against magic exposure. We hope you get some funny comments from people who were duped by the fake reveal; we've seen many of those comments since we have started doing this series of contests and it's always a funny moment!

Will see you guys back for another contest this Saturday. Have a great week ahead!

Reactions: Beth G.(2)

Beth G.(2)

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
This week, we were looking for a ridiculous, laughable method that was creative. There was one entry that stood out from the rest and that was from Beth G.(2). Congrats! Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

Thanks, Casey! We had fun recording it even though the "Sleeper" did not want to cooperate for the majority of her scenes. Typical cat.

Jul 30, 2015
Because of me? Or are you referring to the involvement of the challenge.
'
Nah, not referring to you. The work/involvement was too high. And I think the winner was totally appropriately selected. I had some ideas, but I had to pass because of the effort. That cat s*** was totally awesome. Massive props.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results