Is This Trick Up To "Wire" Standards?

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
I came up with this trick a couple of years ago and had completely forgotten about it. Today I came across this video and thought that may be it can be submitted on the wire. So would really appreciate if some feedback is provided whether this trick is upto the standards of the wire or not. So what the trick is that a card is freely selected and can be signed and lost in the deck, the deck goes back in the box without the two jacks.Once the deck inside the box the jacks are placed on top of the box and the selected card appears in between the two jacks.

englandzilon

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
I am not sure. Theory11 standard are very strange. They want goo quality, refreshing new ideas, Editing must be good. Good lighting. Make it professional as possible. I have few good ideas too, i edited it quite well. Good lightning and a mat to perform. I even film it with over the shoulder view add music all of these are not up to theory11 standard. I did not even ask for money mine was FREE. But i see people asking for money and the trailer does not look good. Bad lighting and best of all not even original is like a 3 sec flourish. Lol. My advice is "dont waste your time". I rather you upload to your youtube channel and share it over there. Or share it with your magician friends that you know personally and also email those magician that you like and ask for their opinion . Try make changes to it. Than after another few years hopefully people will like your trick. Dont waste time on the wire. The best part is you have to fully film the performance and explanation and submit. Theory11 dont view by your performance and than ask for the explanation. To safe time i guess.

Go to magic convention and show to them too. Gather all the comments and you are closer to a perfect trick.

Nov 25, 2015
N Ft myers FL
I would give you the same advice id give to any musician, author or artist, the same advice i was given. It doesnt matter if its good enough, do the best you can and take a shot. failure lands you no farther away then not trying, and you may learn how to succeed next time. Use the opportunity to learn how to do proper framework, lighting, sound and editing. learn how to better become more fluid on the camera, how to properally speak out instructions and guide people though.

these are all skills that can help you become more sucessful, so they are something if your going to do videos you want to learn anyways. This video here isnt what i would submit, it needs work in all the recording aspects, but give it a go, try your best and take a shot.

Failure is not missing the mark, its never taking the shot. failure is one of the greatest tools we have, the greatest guide to how to do things right.

thats the advice i was given. i do not mean to intend to say you will fail, the message is just all about always trying, no matter what you or someone else thinkgs. you never really know what the world will hold on to.

Reactions: Furrukh

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
It's a nice idea. The gimmick is obviously not new, but I haven't seen that routine before. I think the tea towel isn't the best backdrop. Try to record in outdoor light - your camera will do much better. Also you flash in the video (pm'd you). Your submission needs to be tight. You also want all the actions to be motivated and thought through. Everything form piking up cards, setting them down, and picking up the box. That should all look natural and purposeful, and at this point the mechanics work, but are not motivated. Your trick is good in what it's accomplishing, but performance needs refinement. That comes with practicing it and using it on people.

Reactions: Furrukh
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results