At what age u started learning card magic??

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I learned my first trick when I was 11, but I started practicing seriously and watching DVDs when I was 15. (I'm 18 now)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I remember my brother showing me the "21" card trick when I was around 12 and I got hooked. Started off really naive and got the stage magic gimmicks and such, then moved to all card magic at around 14. Got into cardistry not long after and have been doing both since. Mainly cardistry now as that is what I find myself doing while working, etc. I'm 20 now! Don't plan on stopping anytime soon :)

Dec 29, 2011
Had a short phase that I think must have been around 12, then started properly at 16 I think. I'm 20 now.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
i started at 16 doing cardistry seriously. yup i am still new but not stopping anytime soon :D its so addicting one you get down basics but at start its frustrating, really frustrating :D

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Started card magic and cardistry when I was 30...yeah. So I got a late start; I'm 32 now.

Started off learning card magic and cardistry, gravitating more towards the tougher card tricks ('Raise Rise'). I see myself doing cardistry A LOT more than actual card magic, as I'm trying to work more with coins and rings (the hospital I want to volunteer for has told
me that cards cannot be sanitized in a hospital setting, so they have to get thrown away when others touch them).

Reactions: Timewise64
Oct 19, 2015
This year and I am 65....! I did magic as a kid for 6-7 years, but never did any card work! Now I have a few tricks I love to do.....especially with my adult kids and my wife. But my focus is magic for kids....as I have a pack of Grandkids....and when they visit Poppy (me) they get a good, new magic show! I enjoy it as much as they do! Kids are special as they do believe in magic!

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
i started at 16, after some teaching from the magician i saw the first trick, i bought card college and got deep into the matter. the first years sucked, cause even if you got the techniques you don't have the flow and the presentation you need. But it's part of building a inner self i think.
knowledge and experience!
(i'm 24 now)

KWESST

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2015
I started at 18, I am now 20 and do a lot of busking and walk around, have had a couple bigger shows for large crowds including paid gigs. But it has also quickly become the only thing I do, all the time, ever, and I am always working to get better.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results