Text around edges of Monarch decks

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I was looking at the information page about Monarch decks, and it explains how the words "de duobus malis, minus est semper eligenoum" are shown around the edges of the card. The same thing is said on all the retail sites selling the decks, for example Dan and Dave.
I naturally wanted to know what the words meant, so I did a bit of research and found that in almost all cases the last word is spelt "eligendum" with a D in latin. When I looked at a picture of the cards it looks more similar to a D than an O as well.
I was just wondering what the intentional spelling on the cards are supposed to be - it's just making me curious since it's not just Theory11's site that has this typo, if it is a typo.

Mark

Lead Sourcerer // theory11
Jul 23, 2007
USA
www.theory11.com
I was looking at the information page about Monarch decks, and it explains how the words "de duobus malis, minus est semper eligenoum" are shown around the edges of the card. The same thing is said on all the retail sites selling the decks, for example Dan and Dave.
I naturally wanted to know what the words meant, so I did a bit of research and found that in almost all cases the last word is spelt "eligendum" with a D in latin. When I looked at a picture of the cards it looks more similar to a D than an O as well.
I was just wondering what the intentional spelling on the cards are supposed to be - it's just making me curious since it's not just Theory11's site that has this typo, if it is a typo.

Hey trickofthesleight,

Good catch! You're correct, the spelling is actually "de duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum" which translates to "
of the two evils, the lesser must always be chosen."
2015.12.23_18.32.07_sxhcn.jpg

It's definitely printed correctly on Monarch Playing Cards, and the typo on the product page is now fixed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results