Why is Card college series so Expensive??? Its like 200 bucks....

Dec 26, 2015
Hey, Im new to card magic so many people suggested me the card college which is way too out my budget....... Im a Teen!!
First of all its a book and video explanations are easier to understand and fun to watch!!(I think so)
for 200 usd I can buy tons of Dvds and also save u some money to buy cards......
Is is really that good.
For examle - http://www.ellusionist.com/ellusionist-dvd-magic-training-collection.html

DISCLAMER - I'M A TOTAL NOOB AND PLEASE DONT TAKE MY WORDS SERIOUSLY!!!! I JUST WANT TO KNOW ABOUT....
Sorry If I hurtd any1's feelingss....
THANKS

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Card College 1-5 , seem to be the wave of the future as far as learning for beginners. It is a comprehensive course on how to handle a pack of cards. There are other fundamental texts out such as The Royal Road to Card Magic. If you are a total noob to card magic , you do not have to pick up the entire 5 volume set 1 and 2 are good enough. If you think after reading the first two volumes that you want to go beyond that, then by all means do so. I have been at card magic for about a solid 3 years now. I have the 5 volumes and can tell you that they are definitely worth it. Volume 1 covers basics such as Overhand Shuffle, False Cuts, Card Contro, the glide , Hindu Shuffle, Spread Cull ,The Key Card and much more. Volume 2 picks up where volume 1 leaves off and discusses The Glimpse, The Crimp, False Cuts, The Pass, Flourishes, Misdirection Routining, Card Reverses and a lot more. However, if you are still hesitant to buy it because you would rather get a book and some cards to test the waters, then pick up The Royal Road to Card Magic along with the DVD by Paul Wilson and some decks of cards. Happy Holidays.

Reactions: RealityOne

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
It really depends what you want to do. If you want to learn tricks, buy downloads and DVDs that interest you. If you want to learn card magic, buy Card College.

Books are always LESS EXPENSIVE than DVDs and downloads because a book has lots more material than a DVD. Notice that the various T11 $9 downloads each teach ONE sleight. Each volume of card college has around 20 sleights as well as tricks to do with the sleights (thus $180 at $9 per sleight).

As for books vs. video, that is something you have to decide for yourself. If you are serious about magic, you will have to start learning from books at some point. If you just want to do tricks, then DVDs and downloads are fine.

Sep 23, 2015
It really depends what you want to do. If you want to learn tricks, buy downloads and DVDs that interest you. If you want to learn card magic, buy Card College.

Books are always LESS EXPENSIVE than DVDs and downloads because a book has lots more material than a DVD. Notice that the various T11 $9 downloads each teach ONE sleight. Each volume of card college has around 20 sleights as well as tricks to do with the sleights (thus $180 at $9 per sleight).

As for books vs. video, that is something you have to decide for yourself. If you are serious about magic, you will have to start learning from books at some point. If you just want to do tricks, then DVDs and downloads are fine.
Thanks...
Are the books tough to understant cause my english is my 2nd lan but Im PRETTY good at it....mmmhh

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks...
Are the books tough to understant cause my english is my 2nd lan but Im PRETTY good at it....mmmhh

The books are very clearly written. There is a diagram in the front cover labeling each part of your hand and each side of the deck so that you understand the terms used in the descriptions. There also are drawings of the hand positions in the description for each sleight. There also are tips after the instructions for each sleight.

That being said, you will have to THINK while reading the book. I read through the description a couple of times. I walk through step by step reading the directions with the cards in my hands. Then, I walk through step by step with out reading the directions and then work up to being able to do the sleight smoothly. Then, I go back and reread the directions to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Reactions: chiragqatar
Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
If you want to learn magic, card college is for you.
dvd and other stuff are distracting, you need to be a student before being a performer.
then you can work to the tricks, and you'll have everything you need to overcome any situation.
If you're new, i can suggest just the first 2, they have everything in my opinion (those are the only 2 i have actually), the others go into much detailed move, such as false dealing, depth illusions, advandec double lifts, stuff you can learn after or even learn somewhere else, cause you'll have the tools to get into magic.

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results