Saturday Night Contest - Super Bowl 50

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I think Brett is shocked that he won. He still hasn't had time to let it all sink in that he won a deck of gold monarchs. So i'll give him until around 4:00 to post his thank you to everyone reply. Or I could be wrong , and he did not waste time getting in contact with the support team to claim his prize.:D

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Well! Isn't that a helluva way to start the week! And yes, I am shocked.

Been at the kids school volunteering half the day. I saw the results, but not enough time to respond.

But yes! Thanks for the kudos. And I will see you all next week, where I won't win because I seem to only win 'random' contests and not 'skill' based.

See y'all in 5 days!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I feel bad for the Joker's of that Gold Monarch deck..

Oh no no. Nothing bad is going to happen to them. It's usually the ad cards that get it. It's actually a part of a 'rainbow deck' idea that is going to be a slow construction process. Although, I am not sure whether to open them for just the jokers, trade them for the Summer Edition Mailchimp deck, or sell them for magic books and props.

Dec 21, 2015
Oh no no. Nothing bad is going to happen to them. It's usually the ad cards that get it. It's actually a part of a 'rainbow deck' idea that is going to be a slow construction process. Although, I am not sure whether to open them for just the jokers, trade them for the Summer Edition Mailchimp deck, or sell them for magic books and props.

Would you consider giving me the ad cards of those Gold Monarch's then..? I do stuff with ad cards. I know there's probably only one ad card, the one that has 'Theory11' on it and then a double backer, right?

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Would you consider giving me the ad cards of those Gold Monarch's then..? I do stuff with ad cards. I know there's probably only one ad card, the one that has 'Theory11' on it and then a double backer, right?
No there is no double backer in the Gold, but 2 ad cards... I think the reason is the foil, they probably couldn't put it on a double backer.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
No there is no double backer in the Gold, but 2 ad cards... I think the reason is the foil, they probably couldn't put it on a double backer.
This is correct! Gold Monarchs are the first custom deck at Bicycle with gold foil, so we were limited to only applying the foil to the back. But we're working with USPC now on some new tricks up our sleeves for future decks...

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
or sell them for magic books and props.
That what I was planning to do after I won mine (sell it and get stuff) but after I touched it with my hands I changed my mind, it's just too nice and too cool to sell, plus it's such a great souvenir from Theory11, when you look at it, you remember that time when you won it.

BTW I'm probably going to sell the second one when it arrives :D, I guess one souvenir is enough.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
That what I was planning to do after I won mine (sell it and get stuff) but after I touched it with my hands I changed my mind, it's just too nice and too cool to sell, plus it's such a great souvenir from Theory11, when you look at it, you remember that time when you won it.

BTW I'm probably going to sell the second one when it arrives :D, I guess one souvenir is enough.

It's tempting, I'll give it that. I don't do NEARLY as much card work as I did last year--I mean, I still have a box of Green Monarchs when they were first released that I haven't properly broken in yet.

As much as I want to open the the gold ones, I have it earmarked for some magic books and props that I need a bit more.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results