Need a tip for the classic pass.

Mar 2, 2016
I'm learning the classic pass, however, the bottom card on the top pile which you pivot keeps slipping across the right edge of the bottom pile. Can you think of any tips that will help me stop that?
~DB​

Mar 2, 2016
The way you described your issue, it sounds like you might be gripping the cards a little too hard. A good pass requires your hands to be relaxed in my opinion.
I was gripping the cards very hard. Your tip has seemed to help quite a bit. Thanks!

Mar 2, 2016
I am glad to help David.

Aaron Fisher wrote a great book called the Paper Engine. He writes a lot about tension and how it relates to our performance and where our spectators put focus.
Hi. Thanks for the recommendation! Do you know where I could get it in Britain by any chance? I can't find any place in Britain selling it on the internet.

Mar 8, 2016
I'm not saying I can perform it great but there's a basic premise about it. Most laymen don't understand it so you have something working for you.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
The best way to perform the pass is under some misdirection. If the audience is burning your hand, they will catch you 9 times out of 10. But if you misdirect them simply by meeting their eyes with yours, you can perform the pass and no one's the wiser. The position of your right hand might be the problem if you're still struggling. Pay attention to your right thumb; it should be right near the bottom left corner of the deck. And the pinky break is not a little flesh break, really get it into the break. Practice at every opportunity, and eventually you'll be doing it for the sheer fun of it.

I don't know if any of this will be useful to you but I just wanted to offer my advice anyway. Hope your pass has improved!

Mar 2, 2016
The best way to perform the pass is under some misdirection. If the audience is burning your hand, they will catch you 9 times out of 10. But if you misdirect them simply by meeting their eyes with yours, you can perform the pass and no one's the wiser. The position of your right hand might be the problem if you're still struggling. Pay attention to your right thumb; it should be right near the bottom left corner of the deck. And the pinky break is not a little flesh break, really get it into the break. Practice at every opportunity, and eventually you'll be doing it for the sheer fun of it.

I don't know if any of this will be useful to you but I just wanted to offer my advice anyway. Hope your pass has improved!
I've improved a lot since I posted this, but it still helped a lot. Thanks! :D

Reactions: DominusDolorum
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results