Spring Goals

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
A few days late, but I think it'll be okay.

It's Springtime, everyone!

It's about to get warmer and a lot greener...unless you live in Nevada--it'll get more neon-er.

With that in mind, I think it's a great time to make some goals to aspire towards; with the end of it all being the Summer Solstice. So what do you think? What goals do you want to put out there that we can hold you accountable for :D ?

Dec 21, 2015
A few days late, but I think it'll be okay.

It's Springtime, everyone!

It's about to get warmer and a lot greener...unless you live in Nevada--it'll get more neon-er.

With that in mind, I think it's a great time to make some goals to aspire towards; with the end of it all being the Summer Solstice. So what do you think? What goals do you want to put out there that we can hold you accountable for :D ?
Just yesterday I finishes two of my "card cases" that I've been working on for a while now. One black suede the other brown leather, hand stitched with sinew. My fingers are RAW right now, I have a few cuts. I have to go easy with a little bit of everything right now. Not as much practicing with my cards or anything really, till it eases down. I'd like to customize my suitcase if possible; or putting new handles on my eskrima sticks or machetes. But... "magic" wise.. I don't know. I can't practice as much right now. But basically what Gabriel said. Practicing what I've been practicing, reading what I've been reading. That sort of thing. Sure, you could learn new things, but you keep doing one thing OVER AND OVER again. You get much better.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

This can apply to a
lot of things. Given the circumstances, edit some things.

Since I can't do much right now.. I might design some playing cards. Something I've always wanted to do.

\M

Nov 10, 2014
Just yesterday I finishes two of my "card cases" that I've been working on for a while now. One black suede the other brown leather, hand stitched with sinew. My fingers are RAW right now, I have a few cuts. I have to go easy with a little bit of everything right now. Not as much practicing with my cards or anything really, till it eases down. I'd like to customize my suitcase if possible; or putting new handles on my eskrima sticks or machetes. But... "magic" wise.. I don't know. I can't practice as much right now. But basically what Gabriel said. Practicing what I've been practicing, reading what I've been reading. That sort of thing. Sure, you could learn new things, but you keep doing one thing OVER AND OVER again. You get much better.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

This can apply to a
lot of things. Given the circumstances, edit some things.

Since I can't do much right now.. I might design some playing cards. Something I've always wanted to do.

\M

Dude, your text font is a bit "in your face" lately.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Couple goals:

- work more at some coin magic. It's a bit tough because the progress with it, it seems, takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Since I got 4 half-dollars now (I'm considering it my 'start-up' kit), I've been trying my hand at the 'Rolldown' flourish, but I've lost interest in it and I need to go back to the basics of Palming, the various vanishes, and something else to work towards. Maybe 'coins across'. I have to reread some Bobo's.

- I want to release another cardistry move to the Marketplace. I'm working out the nuances and kinks, and I should have it down by the end of Spring.

Jun 13, 2013
I'm getting my website finally revamped and some new business cards. That's the business side, magic-wise I'm working on socked coins by tommy wonder, an effect I call the ambitious traveler and on my first book test design.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Couple goals:

- work more at some coin magic. It's a bit tough because the progress with it, it seems, takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Since I got 4 half-dollars now (I'm considering it my 'start-up' kit), I've been trying my hand at the 'Rolldown' flourish, but I've lost interest in it and I need to go back to the basics of Palming, the various vanishes, and something else to work towards. Maybe 'coins across'. I have to reread some Bobo's.

- I want to release another cardistry move to the Marketplace. I'm working out the nuances and kinks, and I should have it down by the end of Spring.

Keep at man! I'm in the same boat with you regarding coin work. I always keep silver dollars with me (Canadian) so I can practice palming when I'm out and about. I find that helps immensely.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I'm working on a few routines. One is a massive project that will be an hour long show that will help elevate me more as a serious performer in my local area and then hopefully getting booked for much bigger shows in much larger cities such as Ann Arbor, Lansing, Grand Rapids, and the crown jewel: Detroit. I'm also trying to put together smaller routines that are around 15-30 minutes for my volunteer work that I do and a friend of the family is putting on a theatrical production and he wants me to open for the show as well as do an intermission show.

I'm also hoping to put out another release out into the wild. I've been working on it for the last couple of months and I'm having fun with it and I want to see what others can do with it. It won't be as massive of a project as Doubting Thomas since this is a "one-and-done" sort of effect. I just have to get together with my film major friend and we will try to get it shot soon.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Are you working on it independently, or with a production company?

Independently. Just like my "Tour de Force" DVD it will be released with "obrienmagic productions".
I use my same director for everything too, David Bonfadini.
Would not trade my crew for anyone!

I know it means that people won't get an Ellusionist/T11 cinematic DVD, but to me it is all about the content and what you are learning :)

Reactions: DominusDolorum
Nov 10, 2014
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I'm trying to work on coin magic as well, I want to expand into more than just cards. I'm currently working on a watermelon production to close a cups and fruit routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results