Four Card control techniques

Jun 13, 2013
Some interesting conversation is developing, but I thought I would jump back in here. I currently have found a Tom Stone control in his book "Vortex" to fit my routine the best but I modified it a little bit. However, this has definitely given me a new area to research into. It seems like a lot of these moves are very useful given the right time and place and as always personal preference.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Doesn't John Bannon talk about the problems with the Elias-Shift in his book?

Bannon says 'The Elias Multiple Shift is one of the best -- if not the best -- in the hands Multiple Shift.... It is also one of the most versitile Multiple Shifts around." Dear Mr. Fantasy, p. 120.

Bannon's only critique is that the Elias shift is typically explained as needing the cards inserted in the top half of the deck. John's variation eliminates that requirement.

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
Maybe you've already found what's best for you, but to broaden your possibilities i'd mention the diagonal palm shift, that can be done with more than 1 card (for a non-table control), and the nash multiple shift (from a table).
If you're working on a table routine, i'd go with the last one

Apr 5, 2016
The lanes are loosely connected by a jungle, allowing you to cut across from one lane to another. The jungle is home to many tight, twisty corridors, so it’s not a great place to get caught unprepared.

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
I recently found another multiple shift that I really like: "Totally under control" from Scott Robinson´s 2012 lecture notes "Varied Methods". It´s a really cool combination of the Veeser Bluff Shift with Pulp Friction. The nice thing about it is that the shift is already done when the outjogged cards are being squared.
If someone is looking this one up, here´s a thought: I think the "Shoplift" sleight from Tyler Wilsons book "Reinventing the real" makes a very nice improvement to the Veeser Bluff Shift.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results